nightwish

I just got into them recently. Oceanborn and Century Child are great albums. I don't really lke Once, and haven't given the others much of a listen yet.

I won't even give them a chance, because they're goths and goths are wanks. They also have a half decent looking bird in the band, and I don't like one single band that has a bird in it.

They're fucking awful and I hate how so many people are jacking off over them lately. Tarja is good looking but sometimes I think that's the only reason why they sell records and because there's some trend over here at the moment to listen to female fronted bands, so there's just loads of Lacuna Coil, Evanescence and Nightwish "fans" *sigh*. I think I'll go and get drunk or sit in my car when they're on at Wacken.

Nightwish is awesome. One of my favorite power metal bands. They have an awesome back catalog and really deliver live. Century Child and Once are great album. Once is much more complex and spread out than the rest of the albums. It has some really heavy headbanging tunes though. Just check out "Dark Chest of Wonders" or "Planet Hell". When "Planet Hell" kicks in it is amazing and it was mayhem when I saw them live in NYC. Can't wait to see them in April with Sonata Arctica.

Nightwish is really bad. I went and listened to samples on their site from old and new albums, and it was all just terrible. Super cheezy. Some parts sounded like they were going to be dance songs. I can't understand what anyone who calls themself a metal fan sees in this band. Lacuna Coil has more redeeming qualities than this band.

MasterOLightning said:
I can't understand what anyone who calls themself a metal fan sees in this band.
You're a fucking moron. Just because certain people can go from listening to the likes of Prostitute Disfigurement to Nightwish doesn't make them any less of a "metal fan." But you like Metallica so whatever :)

i like em. but i think tarja needs to sing a little higher. her voice is a little too deep for the music i thing. she has a great voice though.

very talented band.
~gR~