Noise With Ampsims Even W/out plugging guitar

Deadstar

Apr 19, 2004
London, UK
www.facebook.com
I get a shitload of noise when monitoring a track with every amp sim (according to the gain) even without having instruments plugged. Always had some (normal?) noise but without plugging is crazy! Can anyone help?
I'm running windows vista with Profire 610
thx in advance

Do you have a cable plugged to the input and just no instrument on the end? Aside of that...check the inputs on your interface there could be something with the connections

By connections i didnt mean the routing...I meant the physical input itself as in take it apart and make sure everythings soldered properly and all that...might not apply here but its just an idea

Can you post a soundclip of the noise? Some amp sims seem to generate a lot of hiss even without a signal, especially if it is boosted with an overdrive plug-in.

Yeah that makes sense. So if u put for ex only X30 (default settings) and a cab loader u get noise too? Can anyone confirm this? thx guys for help

Talking about the gate i think in my personal exp that its better to put that after the boost

Yeah that makes sense. So if u put for ex only X30 (default settings) and a cab loader u get noise too? Can anyone confirm this? thx guys for help

Talking about the gate i think in my personal exp that its better to put that after the boost

Yes, in fact TSE X30 is an extremely noisy amp sim, so yeah just gate it after the boost or even before the boost as Mutant said.

Noisy?What kind of noise are you talking about exactly?

Are you sure there isn't anything wrong with your setups?

I don't experience anything other than a slight hiss at default amp settings.

If you are connecting your guitar through the mic in it will create noise, or you may have a grounding problem or perhaps some other device which is connected to a power socket is interfering with your pc.

Here you can check how it sounds on my setup(guitar->usb interface Hi-Z input->pc with reaper->X30->Lecab): http://www.esnips.com/doc/aabda3fe-8153-4985-8c4d-30f06c8e7aaf/tsex30