non-metal

Lots of you seem like you could really do with exploring non metal (and metal tbh) music a bit more. Not trying to be an 'elitist' or whatever, I like Nirvana; Nevermind especially, but there is so much music out there that most people miss out on.

Im surprised no one is confessing to any guilty pleasures.

..... Of the musical type, mind! :saint:

Edit: I have just downloaded one Cuban bachata (not unlike salsa) from iTunes... But it is for teaching purposes so I guess it does not count.

Edit: I have just downloaded one Cuban bachata (not unlike salsa) from iTunes... But it is for teaching purposes so I guess it does not count.

My only real guilty musical pleasure would be HIM :p but that doesn't really count for this thread

I listen to a lot of non-metal. Prolly my favorites are Radiohead and Interpol. I like 90's alternative too like STP and Alice in Chains.

Meh, I have no issues admitting I like any of the music I like, and it really depends on the mood for me.

Reading -Classical
Need to sing and feel free - Pasty Cline, Etta James, Elvis or Lenny Williams
Loving kind of mood - Lenny again, Coltrane, Teddy Pendergrass (I can't wait for New Orleans!)
Silly and need to get back to my roots -Anything 80's really
Drunk and need to slur my words - Classic Rock.

Hmm, lets see..

Dead can Dance

And movie soundtrack's usually sweet to, like City Of Angels etc.

And then im more into the swedish alternative classics: Ebba Grön, Imperiet, Nationalteatern (Altho i highly doubt any of that would be liked by someone that aint from scandinavia.)

I listen to a lot of different music too, my taste in music is very diverse. In fact, you would be scared of what I am able to listen -it includes some songs of house music, chillout music,...... yes, I'm weird, I know- but at the same time, I'm restrictive with it, I mean that I only listen to specific songs of every style...

Non-metal music that I listen: The doors, Depeche Mode, R.E.M., Dire Straits, The Smiths, St. Germain (a french guy called Ludovic Navarre, that makes a strange but very good kind of music which is a mix of jazz/house/chillout), Sau (a Catalan group that dissapeared some years ago), Luar Na Lubre (a group from Galicia that makes folk music), classical music basicly Tchaikovsky, Beethoven or Claude Debussy, .....

it includes some songs of house music, chillout music,...... yes, I'm weird, I know- but at the same time, I'm restrictive with it, I mean that I only listen to specific songs of every style...

How is it weird and why only specific songs? :p Ambient/chillout kinda stuff is great.

, Luar Na Lubre (a group from Galicia that makes folk music) .....

LNL FTW! That is one of the bands that came in the "way too specific for people abroad to know" bag.

Actually I am listening to their Cantiga de Camariñas just now... And undecided if I like the new vocalist better than the old one.

:) I said that I'm weird with music because people, in general, don't listen to so diverse music styles as I do. I mean that normally a person who listens to metal doesn't listen to hip hop, for example.

About what I said about only specific songs, is because I like the song, not the style; for example, I don't like hip hop, in general, but I love a couple of songs of Dr. Alban :)guh:); another little example, pop music: I don't like that style but I like some songs of Roxette and a couple of Madonna...:loco:.

You like ambient/chillout music? Then you should listen to St. Germain, any of their albums (Boulevard, Tourist,...), it's amazing :D.

How is it weird and why only specific songs? :p Ambient/chillout kinda stuff is great.

Yes, their music is amazing, I can't listen to them whenever and wherever! My favourite songs are O Son Do Ar and Pola Ponte De San Xoan, but the other ones are really good too!

LNL FTW! That is one of the bands that came in the "way too specific for people abroad to know" bag.

Actually I am listening to their Cantiga de Camariñas just now... And undecided if I like the new vocalist better than the old one.