Nordland I vs Nordland II

• Nordland I

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Nordland II

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

PrincessHades

Apr 11, 2015
I've listened to both albums, they both kick ass, however I am debating in my head which one is the superior one. I am still indecisive. Nordland I has the title track, Vinterblot, Foreverdark Woods, and best of all, Broken Sword, whereas Nordland II has Sea Wolf, Vinland, The Land, and a heavier sound.

The first one is more consistent, with the music almost constantly assaulting you with its brilliance, whereas the second one has its scattered moments, feeling spread out. On both, many of the tracks, especially towards the end of the albums, seem to run together.

I'm going to go with Nordland I just because it has Broken Sword on it.

This is hard for me since I have the CD that contains both albums together, so I usually just listen to the whole thing.

I might have to go with part 1.

This is hard for me since I have the CD that contains both albums together, so I usually just listen to the whole thing.

I might have to go with part 1.

It was originally supposed to be a double album, but the record company wanted to stretch it. I have to say I like the series format better; it makes Bathory's discography seem more extensive. Quorthon never had any intention of releasing two more Nordlands, contrary to what most think. I think The Winds of Mayhem was on the second one, though, and it means "Bathory is crawling under the rock, but will return soon" somehow, so I think he intended to release another Bathory album subsequent to Nordland II.

The Return is a fucking bestial gem.

I never knew it existed until the year before last...I thought it was some EP or split album or something. It takes a lesser stance because of its position I between two classics, but it is better than the debut IMO. Born for Burning is pure evil.

I have to listen to the Nordland duology all the way through again. It's been a while since I've done that. It is rather unfortunate that we never got to see the project be fully completed.

I read somewhere it would be 4 albums. Too many rumors I guess. Especially with the dude not being able to vouch for himself...

Both great, but I prefer the first since it has more of my favorite Bathory songs, including my favorite acoustic one, "Ring of Gold"