Swano vs Äkerfeldt

Whos work do you prefer? If you can choose.

• Dan Swano

Votes: 32 39.0%
  • Mikael Äkerfeldt

Votes: 50 61.0%

• Total voters
Originally posted by extensive desolation
People who say "I can' decide" or vote for Swano!!
You are not fucking worthy to listen to Opeth.
Swano is good as a metal musican but comparing him to Akerfeldt
is an insult.

There are people who don't have a slightest musical taste and listen to everything. Some of them listen to Opeth but their poor brains can't even say how good this music is so they compare it with the other crap they listen.

A child with big mouth, I'd say. :lol:

I was forced to go with Mikael simply because of the immense impact Opeth has had on me. Take them away and I would have many fewer albums.

Bloodbath is the only Swanö project that did anything for me, but Mikael is involved in that so I don't know if that counts :confused:

I actually like Mendez more than Mikael, I don't care if he doesn't do as much work, he is so fucking cool :lol:

For future references, there is no umlaut over the a, there is no umlaut over the e (i've seen it done) it's "Åkerfeldt"

(Sorry if I sound like a grammar teacher, i'm just picky)

Originally posted by Schraiber
Hmmm... that's a hard one... I'm gonna have to say Swano, because he just does so damn much!

He does a hell of a lot but as others have said, his work is great but they are not quite as personal as Opeths music. I agree with this.

Originally posted by MacMoney
No contest. Dan Swanö is so much better.

I'd second that.

While the 5 Opeth albums might be very good there are more good Edge Of Sanity albums, Pan.Thy.Monium, etc..
And also Swanö is the better singer of the both

Originally posted by Lutz

I'd second that.

While the 5 Opeth albums might be very good there are more good Edge Of Sanity albums, Pan.Thy.Monium, etc..

Originally posted by Lutz

I'd second that.

Yeah right. The only good Edge of Sanity albums are the Spectral Sorrows, Crimson and Purgatory Afterglow. Infernal was decidedly average, and in terms of Dan having any album as good as any of the Opeth albums I only think Crimson fits the bill. Nightingale is good but a bit too soft and occasionaly self-indulgent. Swano is fully not the better singer. His growl is almost as good but not as spooky or momentous, and his clean voice is nice but no-where near the beauty of Akerfeldts. As a musician he is as talented if not more than Akerfeldt but his songwriting abilities are definately not as good. Of course he has had his moments, and quite a few at that