vote for one:

• MA

Votes: 97 69.3%
  • DS

Votes: 25 17.9%
  • i'm not sure

Votes: 18 12.9%

• Total voters
Easy answer on this dumb poll. Dan Swano is no doubt a talented guy and can do many things well, but Mikael is a much better songwriter, guitarist, and vocalist then Dan will ever be.

maybe, but dan is a better King Diamond substitute. Steeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel!

and a better keyboardist. and a better sound engineer. and a better drummer. and a better producer.

no, seriously, you make it sound like it's impossible to disagree with you. yes, obviously mikael is a much more talented vocalist and guitarist, but don't forget that dan has really made some tremendously great songs as well. i'm willing to swap mikael's songwriting talent for dan's any day, although you can't really compare them. to me, mikael's songs lack emotional depth and personality in his songs as compared to dan, whereas mikael's are more technically intricate. i don't see mikael writing anything that invokes nearly as much emotion as a song like "the big sleep" or "hiding again" does. then again, it's just an opinion, but don't make it sound like you own the truth ;)

apples and oranges...

swano is a hack, the world doesn't need any more fucking melodeath

hahah, He's never done a melodeath album. He has mixed them... He's mixed more than several albums of all genres, including opeth. Swano plays every instrument which is amazing, he has a wider singing variety than most people on the planet and he has made music for everyone who listens to music except rap. He shouldn't be compared to Mikael because Mikael is a guitarist/singer/songwriter. Dan is Singer/songwriter/guitarist/bassist/drummer/mixer/masterer dude idk what else.

Kenneth R Said it right though, I completely agree!@

I'd say Moontower is melodic and progressive rock with growl (DM) vocals.
Not much metal in there except for the guitar sound so I prefer to call it rock, and the only stuff that has anything to do with death are the vox.

Swano just doesn't get the love he deservs. White Darkness is amazing, these songs could easly be US top 100 material. Too bad he cant get hooked up with the right people>!?