North American tour 06

Well...I'm trying to remain optimistic...they've only released the first week and a half of the tour (+ Minneapolis on March 4)...and there's still the day between QC and London...
....besides, if that BWBK source is correct about the 'Evening with Opeth' shows there's not too many cities I would call 'major market areas' that are on the tour so far....maybe they're planning something big for Montreal or Toronto (hopefully Montreal...for selfish reasons of course) and that's why those cities haven't been announced yet....
....just trying to keep my hopes up....:cry:

I noticed the Rhode Island show starts at 5:30!? Does anyone think this might be one of the extended sets people have been rumoring about?? It could just be for some other reason, but I've never been to a 3-band concert that early before!

Armeanic said:
But anyways, I'm liking the look of this upcoming tour. I just hope they come to Saratoga Winners in Latham again. They packed the place pretty full last time, so I'd assume they would. .

i live in albany, where are you from?

wwallinga said:
I noticed the Rhode Island show starts at 5:30!? Does anyone think this might be one of the extended sets people have been rumoring about?? It could just be for some other reason, but I've never been to a 3-band concert that early before!

Good point - I'll remain optimisitic.

Do you (or anybody) know if the sound quality/venue is better than the Palladium? I have not been to Lupo's...when they came to Worcester, I could BARELY hear Mike - it'd be a welcome change if RI houses better acoustics.

Yeah, with a day in between the London and QC shows, I'd put money on it that there will be one in Toronto.

Toronto is Canada's biggest market, by far, so I'd say it's a good bet that if they do play in Toronto, that it'll be "A night with Opeth" show.

....I hope.

A_Thoms said:
Yeah, with a day in between the London and QC shows, I'd put money on it that there will be one in Toronto.

Toronto is Canada's biggest market, by far, so I'd say it's a good bet that if they do play in Toronto, that it'll be "A night with Opeth" show.

....I hope.

Well....they sold out both Montreal and Toronto last tour so I would put my money (if I had any!) on Montreal because the Medley is more than twice the capacity of The Opera House...1800 in Montreal vs. 850 in Toronto...from just the numbers, Montreal would be the bigger market...

Triste said:
Well....they sold out both Montreal and Toronto last tour so I would put my money (if I had any!) on Montreal because the Medley is more than twice the capacity of The Opera House...1800 in Montreal vs. 850 in Toronto...from just the numbers, Montreal would be the bigger market...
I'm hoping they go.

Triste said:

Who says they have to play at the Opera House? :p

Really, I'm talking about the market by population. In the greater Toronto area, there's roughly 2 million more people than in the Montreal area. A big show, with that many more people that can be effected by marketting (if there is any, which I would assume) would be a smart move by Roadrunner.

*edit*

Though, Montreal has always been a trendier city than Toronto, so who knows... Maybe we're both right lol

I hope that we both get to see them in Montreal/Toronto :)

~~~~~~~~

Looks like you folks west of Chicago are going to get DEVILDRIVER instead of DTB...
...sucks for you...

God damnit, looks like no California dates until March... or possibly even April.