natures' retard
May 13, 2002
in times of grace
I got more cds than I usually do-
Opeth-Delieverance
Sepultura-Against
Slayer-Seasons in the Abyss
Krisiun-Conqerors(sp?) of Armageddon
I wanted the Opeth cd for a while and it's pretty good.People keep telling me that I have to get older Slayer if I think God Hates Us All is good(which I do,so I suppose Seasons will be absolutley killer).I need some Sepultura and,so far,the cd is pretty good.And I heard some really good things about Krisiun,and plus I got the cd for free:p

seasons is tied for 1st place of slayer cd... matched with Reign in Blood and Hell Awaits... Seasons fucking RULES! the Opeth is great, i love the song that starts off with the piano... A... something or other

Max is a Bible-thumper.But he's a good vocalist.I think Sepultura have an incredible rythm section,with all of the tribal drumming and whatnot.
Okay,and apparently the end of track 4(don't have the cd case w/me)is supposed to sound like it's skipping,just playing the same stuff on a loop a few times.Meh.

Originally posted by [KOTNO]Narrot
Opeth-Delieverance
>> yea
Sepultura-Against
YY mhhh...
Slayer-Seasons in the Abyss
>> yea
Krisiun-Conqerors(sp?) of Armageddon
>> oki!
So all of the cds I bought are Narrot-approved.Goody.:lol: Oddly enough,3 out of the 4 cds that I bought involve Brazillian artists.Slayer-Tom Araya is from Brazil,and both Sepultura and Krisiun are Brazillian*Pointless observation*

Seasons beats the shit out of anything else Slayer has ever done...wicked riffs as usual, but this time combined with atmosphere and time changes. The best vox Araya's ever done (not saying much, I know.) Way better than the highly-overrated Reign In Blood.

Haven't heard any of the others...my friend's supposed to make me an Opeth mix once he gets off his lazy ass. Waitaminute, he doesn't even have to do that...he can sit at his computer and jerk off while the CD burns. Lazy prick.

I enjoy the oppurtunity to expand my cd collection with heavier and less mainstream metal
opeth are one of the definitions of "mainstream metal"
digital , flat production , easy melodies and stuff ...
if u want to try some non mainstream metal , try to buy some underground u.s. metal bands ...like Power Of Omens, Zandelle , and older stuff ...

If you want prime Sepultura, Arise and Beneath the Remains are quintessential. Even Chaos A.D. is pretty decent, but the aforementioned albums are thrash classics. Back in the day when Roadrunner Records had metal bands on their roster and everything. Fuck I feel old.

And, from me own list of favorites, if you want something hostile and fun, check out Carnivore "Retaliation"

The problem with Reign is that it sounds just too monotonous...sure, fast riffs are fun, but ten of them in a row is kinda overdoing it. And some of the songs are just too fast for their own good - the power created by the riffs is lost, because before you can absorb part of a song it's already moved on. The vocals really hurt this album, and though Dave Lombardo's drumming is stellar, it can't save the album.

By no means is RiB a bad album - it's just not, at least in my opinion, anywhere near the status of "classic." I don't think anything with this little variety deserves to be ranked in the same category as stuff like Puppets, Rust, etc.