Notable Releases to Come 2009 Edition

I only have 2 so far, and have only listened to one, that being Dark Forest - Dark Forest (the other being Shackles - Traitors' Gate).

i listened to Obscura Ken. Good stuff just don't see how you like this kind of tech death. But then again I remember you have a fondness for Messugah.

San Francisco’s veterans SLOUGH FEG will release their new album, “Ape Uprising” on the 8th of May in Germany and Europe, 11th of May in UK and June 2 in USA/Canada via Cruz Del Sur Music.

The cover artwork was created by Californian artist Larry Luna and it’s shown below for the first time ever!

“Ape Uprising” consists of eight tracks and it is undoubtedly the heaviest release in the twenty-year long history of the band. The band used the usual team for recordings, Justin Phelps and Justin Weis, later mastering the album at TRAXWORK studio.

Actual SLOUGH FEG line up is:
Mike Scalzi - Vocals, Guitar
Adrian Maestas - Bass
Angelo Tringali - Guitar
Harry Cantwell – Drums

A vinyl version of “Ape Uprising” will be released by end of April by German label Iron Kodex, in a limited edition of 666 copies.

Audio files will be uploaded very soon on both myspace. com/cruzdelsurmusic and myspace/sloughfeg!

SloughFeg_ApeUp_600x600.jpg

Fuck yeah! Album cover of the year, atleast. Wonder how many are going to think into double/triple meanings in the album/album cover being THIS of all years. :lol:

Nokturnal Mortum live is out from NCR. There's like 30 different versions of this thing floating around. Some limited, some not. Whatever.

"Live in Katowice"

Setlist on it:

Black Raven
WeltanSchlong
Kolyada
Valkyria
Perun's Celestial Silver
Hailed Be The Heroes
Into The Flames of Wooden Churches

Production is... well... you can hear it.

Not notable, haha, but the next OF full-lenght is basically demoed (is this a word?). Longer songs (longest is about 20 minutes) than before. Tarvonen will record the drums on June, after that I and bassist shall do the rest.