Notable Releases to Come 2009 Edition

Made myself a shopping list of things I am sure to buy this year.

Deströyer 666 - Defiance
Anthrax - Worship Music
Megadeth - Blood in the water: Live in San diego dvd
Unanimated - In the light of darkness
Necrophobic - Death to all
Dark Tranquillity - Yesterworlds
Dark Tranquillity - Projector Reissue
Dark Tranquillity - Haven Reissue
Dark Tranquillity - Damage done Reissue
Amon Amarth - The Avenger reissue
Amon Amarth - The crusher reissue
Amon Amarth - Versus the world reissue
Arckanum - DDDDDDDDDDD
Amorphis - Skyforger
Borknagar - Universal
Drudkh - Microcosmos
Graveland - Spears of heaven (out already)
Hypocrisy - TBA
Immortal - TBA
Insomnium - TBA
Iron Maiden - Flight 666 2-DVD set
Megadeth - TBA
Paradise Lost - TBA
Shining - VI - Klagopsalmer
The Chasm - TBA (Hopefully)

I haven't heard much of their old stuff, so I have nothing to compare with. Maybe that's why.
But I like what I've heard on the latest one.

yeah the song i heard was extremely bad

it's exactly what you would expect from someone who hates metal but comes back in 2009 for the money (because every other fucking band is already reforming and maybe they can play wacken open air,) heard something on myspace and thinks "oh so this is what death metal sounds like these days, i can copy this"

fuck neo-pestilence

I can't believe Blood Feast and Whiplash are putting out new stuff ... I am betting epic fail from both bands.

That new Pestilence song I heard reminded me why I never really liked them. It doesn't sound like much of a departure from the old stuff to me.

Australian warmongers DESTROYER 666 will release their fourth album, "Defiance", in Europe on June 22 via France's Season Of Mist Records (July 14 in the U.S.).

The track listing for the CD is as follows:

01. Weapons Of Conquest
02. I Am Not Deceived
03. Blood For Blood
04. The Barricades Are breaking
05. A Stand Defiant
06. A Path To Conflict
07. A Thousand Plagues
08. Human All Too Human
09. A Sermon To The Dead

Check out the cover artwork below.

According to frontman KK, "the artwork for the new album was inspired by the idea of resolute defiance in the eye of the spiral downwards."

SOM-204-Destroyer-666-Defia.jpg

Did I ever mention that I met KK Warslut at Wacken in 2004, and was introduced by Richard Mills from Grand Belial's Key?

Australian warmongers DESTROYER 666 will release their fourth album, "Defiance", in Europe on June 22 via France's Season Of Mist Records (July 14 in the U.S.).

The track listing for the CD is as follows:

01. Weapons Of Conquest
02. I Am Not Deceived
03. Blood For Blood
04. The Barricades Are breaking
05. A Stand Defiant
06. A Path To Conflict
07. A Thousand Plagues
08. Human All Too Human
09. A Sermon To The Dead

Check out the cover artwork below.

According to frontman KK, "the artwork for the new album was inspired by the idea of resolute defiance in the eye of the spiral downwards."

SOM-204-Destroyer-666-Defia.jpg
I am masturbating right now.

I haven't heard much of their old stuff, so I have nothing to compare with.

I hate when people go into listening to an album with expectations. Just listen to the fucking music. It sounds good? It is good. Just because a band releases something less amazing doesn't mean it's instantly terrible.

Btw, you wouldn't be able to compare old to new in any fashion either way.

I hate when people go into listening to an album with expectations. Just listen to the fucking music. It sounds good? It is good. Just because a band releases something less amazing doesn't mean it's instantly terrible.
Umm... Yeah... I know what you mean... But for example - people who appreciate classic Metallica don't really like their newer stuff (mostly after L and R), because they did change (though, I still like that newer shit). And if you have listened to older certain band's releases, or follow their music career from their start - it's pretty much impossible to not to compare their latest stuff with previous... because if something actually changes - you always compare to what it was like before changes... right? It's normal, I guess... And if you liked them that way but they've completely changed - chances are low that you're gonna like it too... *shrug*
And not many bands have changed to better with years, tbh...

Taken from Season Of Mist's website:

Upcoming release: "Microcosmos" (CD digipak and limited box set)
Release date: June 22nd, US July 14th

Season of Mist's Underground Activists division will see its fifth release unleashed on June 22nd. Here are the artwork and tracklisting of DRUDKH's new album "Microcosmos":

1. Минулі Дні / Days That Passed
2. Далекий Крик Журавлів / Distant Cries Of Cranes
3. Декаданс / Decadence
4. Ars Poetica
5. Все, Що Не Сказано Раніше / Everything Unsaid Before
6. Вдовина Скорбота / Widow's Grief

SUA-005-Drudkh-Microcosmos.jpg

The fans will notice that the nocturnal landscapes as well as colours of the layout are a bit unusual for the band, but perfectly fit with the aura of the album.