Notable Releases to Come 2009 Edition

Checkin out this new Pestilence myspace right now... seems like musical paint-by-numbers garbage by a band who lost their passion for this music a long time ago.

Umm... Yeah... I know what you mean... But for example - people who appreciate classic Metallica don't really like their newer stuff (mostly after L and R), because they did change (though, I still like that newer shit). And if you have listened to older certain band's releases, or follow their music career from their start - it's pretty much impossible to not to compare their latest stuff with previous... because if something actually changes - you always compare to what it was like before changes... right? It's normal, I guess... And if you liked them that way but they've completely changed - chances are low that you're gonna like it too... *shrug*
And not many bands have changed to better with years, tbh...

This is very true in most cases. However, Pestilence is a bad example of anyone rightfully expecting anything. They switched styles with every one of their releases.
Malleus Maleficarum - Thrash
Consuming Impulse & Testimony - Death
Spheres - Prog Death
Resurrection Macabre - New School Death

They lost a SHIT LOAD of fans with Spheres. I really don't think they have ever given a shit about a solid fan base as evident in the style changes. I give them a thumbs up for playing what they like as I like it too.

Same goes for Metallica, they switched direction drastically. You cannot compare the two. But I don't and never will like Metallica.

LOL @ the Drudkh cover

? It's a nice cover.

We're you expecting something like this?

cavalera_conspiracy_inflikted.jpg

while it is a pretty bland cover, what bm covers arent?
dont be a faggot and post a cool bm cover!

Tulus_bio_myspace.JPG

now what

p.s. that drudkh cover looks like an album full of pan flute covers of 80's top hits overlaid on a relaxing backdrop of nature sounds d.s.

liking barely anything except some 1986 queensryche he used to have on tape back when life was still cool man those were the days = "dorian gray"

So, the Gravelands Spears of Heaven... waiting for a US seller to have it at a reasonable price, but it's all over the net of course.

Pretty decent stuff. First 2 tracks are all right, your standard Graveland. But the 4 that follow those? Fuck awesome. Rob actually changed things up a little bit with them.

Now why this album is only "pretty decent":

The final track... it starts off fine (soft sorta intro), then it kinda goes into a standard graveland affair... then there's this stop, a chorus sounds and this stupid sound of growling wolves (probably a pissed off poodle :lol:) comes on, then the track starts up again, about 30 seconds into that the "wolf" starts doing the vocals! Really fucking stupid final track.