Notable Releases to Come 2009 Edition

arckanum's antikosmos album was so boring that i really doubt i will care enough to seek this new one out

Dubbed the "War Metal" genre under it's father's banner, Black Metal, the debut by the band Cobalt was aptly named. In 2007 they released another album, Eater of Birds, which has received incredibly high praise, and they aimed (and succeeeded) in carrying this reputation into 2009 with Gin.

Awesome band! For such rockin' tunes, the atmosphere is surprisingly lush. Didn't much care for Altar of Plagues however. I don't care for any "song" over 15 minutes long.

CattleDecapitation2_090409.jpg

So, I've pretty much taken a huge shit on Cattle Decapitation's career until hearing their newest effort 'The Harvest Floor'. The not-so impressive production kind of flattens the music out a bit, but still an interesting listen for me anyhow. i actually went back and listened to 'Karma.Bloody.Karma' hoping it would be nearly as hope-inspiring for this stagnating band only to find that it surpassed the newer release. Don't go back further than those two or you'll surely have to poop from the idiocy.

I remember hearing 'To Serve Man' and laughing at the imagination-lacking percussion. He seriously does nothing but blast throughout the entire record with a roll here and there to mask his incompetence as a songwriter. Meh, I can't wait to hear where this band treks to next. Hopefully they drop the Gore-grind/Vegan bullshits.

PETA crusading cacophony. If these shlubs did happen to put out something worthwhile, it's only because they employed the services of well respected guest musicians.

I've seen them live half a dozen times. They used to tag along with the talented bands coming through the midwest a few years ago. Their opening set was really more of a comedy routine than a metalshow, eliciting more guffaws than "fuck yeah"s. :erk:

Their opening set was probably less than half an hour.

Is this for real? While I find this particular song tolerable, I can't imagine they're serious with those over the top mannerisms. :lol::lol::lol:

On a positive note, that girl is fioneee.

Last edited by a moderator: