Notable Releases to Come 2009 Edition

DRUDKH IS SUPERIOR INTELLECTUAL ARYAN ART EXCLUSIVELY !!!

SUBHUMANS BEWARE -- WHEN YOU DOWNLOAD DRUDKH YOU ARE DOWNLOADING A BULLET THROUGH YOUR JEWISH HEAD !!!
A statement from a Drudkh member...

"During all its history, the band followed a 'no photos, no interviews, no website, no gigs' policy, which was nobly accepted by DRUDKH's new label Season of Mist. The absence of any comments or information from DRUDKH's side gave an opening to a few ignorant internet warrior-fans to spread rumors, that the band embraces extreme political views. This is absolutely misleading and a total profanation, since there is nothing in DRUDKH's music or lyrics that would suggest any political outlook. DRUDKH praise individualism, self-improvement and estrangement from modern values." Roman Saenko (2008)

Zod

My playlist at the moment consists of the new Arckanum, Drudkh and Deströyer 666. I could repeat these 3 albums for weeks without getting tired.

It's almost more progressive. The bass is much more present. Spun it twice. Needs more spins.

Zod

That's pretty much my only comment in regards to it at the moment as well. Downloaded it in a rush this morning to throw on my IPOD and listen to on the way to work.

Going to grab the D666 when I get home.

Any one else thinking this is a pretty fucking ace year?

Mastodon
Iron Man
Slough Feg
Argus
Dawn of Winter
Altar of Plagues
Drudkh
Cobalt
Destroyer 666
Altar of Oblivion (haven't heard, but I assume will rule)
Mournful Congregation
Wobbler
Umphree's McGee
Absu

probably more I'm forgetting too.

Yeah, I was discussing with Matt one day how I think this is the best year for metal for quite some time.

Add the following to that list:

Beherit
Katharsis
Teitanblood
Austere
Cobalt

I've heard good things about the Church of Misery release as well as Embrace of Thorns. Haven't gotten around to listening to either yet though.

Not really notable for all, but notable for me: October Falls - The Pyres of Oblivion (late this year)

New Arckanum is indeed fucking awesome.
New Drudkh is also very good.

from the few minutes that I heard ... so far this Drudkh release sounds best to me, few more khz down on the bass and it would have sounded downright Isis like.
so now that I like them, this band is no longer cool :loco:

Well it has attempts at more scripted musicianship. I find this all a bit awkward to be honest. Plus the sound seems too "calculated" (raw yet bombastic). Huge reserves on my part so far.

loopy motherfucker aren't you? :loco:

i loved it on my first half-listen before i decided to listen to King Crimson instead

l_df6a005919a34f82a5c40d2f33db8232.jpg