Novembers Doom songs on VCAST

Jasonic

Doom On!
Apr 14, 2004
West Burbs of Chicago
In Paul's previous thread on the I PHONE, I had mentioned that I recently got the LG Chocolate phone. I have Verizon, who have the V CAST service if you have a phone (like the Chocolate) that has the music player.

Anyhow, I was doing a search on V CAST the other day of random bands just to see what was out there, and found NOVEMBERS DOOM.

Just curious if you knew your music was available for sale via that medium.

I assume this is something that is administered by the label?

Do you guys receive royalties from this medium?

I have never purchased a song via V CAST. I know if you download one, you can play it ON your phone. Not sure if you can transfer it then to a PC to then be used elsewhere...........

Verizon claims you can in that damned hold music.
BTW be careful about using your chocolate plugged in. That and the Voyager are known to have issues with the charger port jogging off the circuit board.

Paul, what is the connection between Nov Doom's recorded output and Sony?
Does THE END have a licensing deal with Sony?
Just curious....

The End has a deal with Sony for distribution, so all The Ends releases get great distro. That's why you can find our new DVD in Best Buy, and places like that. The distro is fantastic for all of us. So, it's not a license deal, but somewhat of a partnership.

Thanks for the explanation.
That sounds like a great situation for bands on THE END.

I have always been curious though why some bands on THE END have their discs available at Best Buy (IE - Tub Ring, Novembers Doom, etc) but others not (IE - Sigh, Agalloch, Unexpect, etc, etc).

Maybe the regional buyers for Best Buy look to see where bands are popular. Who knows, maybe you can find an Agalloch CD at a Best Buy in their region, but not a Novembers Doom CD.

Sorry to be the nerdy CPA / MBA guy here, but the business side of the music industry interests me a ton.

I have always been curious though why some bands on THE END have their discs available at Best Buy (IE - Tub Ring, Novembers Doom, etc) but others not (IE - Sigh, Agalloch, Unexpect, etc, etc).

Maybe the regional buyers for Best Buy look to see where bands are popular. Who knows, maybe you can find an Agalloch CD at a Best Buy in their region, but not a Novembers Doom CD.

I think that's pretty close to being it, exactly. I think it's a matter of what Sony makes available to the stores to purchase for their shelves, and what the regional buyers for each chain choose to stock. I've been to some Best Buys where I've seen three or four of our cds in stock, with a place card and everything. And then I've been to others where they didn't have a single one, yet they carried other TER artists like Thine Eyes Bleed or The Gathering. So I'm sure it's a matter of selectiveness by the regional buyers more than anything.

the local best buy never has anything worthwhile, but i guess fort smith arkansas doesnt scream metal. theres not even a modern rock station. when i was a teenager there was a good record shop, that carried just metal and hardcore/punk rock, i miss those days. any album i buy i have to buy online.

Are you anywhere near Little Rock?
I know there is / was a live music venue there, that catered to punk and metal. Can't recall the name of it, but friends bands have played there.