Novembre

More Novembre fans?!!? Cool. I ran/designed their official page, but they wanted someone closer to them to do it (needless to say, nothing has been done in a while).

They're great of course, but what does Devin think of them (if he's heard them - you must have SOME influence on things he listens to)?

Filip

Originally posted by Metal88
how can I check them out? I wanna hear some mp3's. Kazaa best place to go?

Their first two albums and 2 songs from each consecutice ones are on mp3.com. I have been following them from their first release and I still love them.

Originally posted by Devy_Metal
Does anyone else like this band as much as I do?

They're starting to mean as much to me as Opeth, in a few ways.

I think Classica and Novembre Waltz are masterpiece releases, and anyone who hasnt heard them should check them out!

eh...as much as opeth? For a band that blatantly rips off both opeth and katatonia and hasn't got an identity of their own, theyre quite good, but they may as well be a cover band. They could never be as good as opeth.

Originally posted by huevo
Kazaa seems to be the best in our post-AG world. I agree on Novembre's music. Personally I don't like them as much as Opeth, but they are amazing.. and they do carry their own unique brand of metal. Check out everything from Novembrine Waltz - beautiful stuff!
]

Kazaa has a similar selection in real metal as a mall record store, aka not a fucking good cd in sight. Winmx has a very decent metal community, but moreso, for novembre, just go to www.mp3.com/novembre

Originally posted by IanDork107
eh...as much as opeth? For a band that blatantly rips off both opeth and katatonia and hasn't got an identity of their own, theyre quite good, but they may as well be a cover band. They could never be as good as opeth.

So they're a rip off, are they? Is that why their first album was released in the same year as Opeth's and Katatonia's (1994)? They don't have an identity of their own? :lol: Is that why they've maintained the same style since they began? If anything, Opeth and Katatonia have changed their style to become closer to Novembre... However.....

Because, yeah, I can really see the similarities between all four Novembre albums and the Katatonia albums.... not. What the fuck are you smoking??

And they're nothing like Opeth too. "May as well be a cover band". You're a humorist, if nothing else, mate.

Considering Katatonia and Opeth are a million miles apart in the first place pretty much negates this idea that Novembre rip both of them off.

Originally posted by dimensionidol
they are for sure one of the best metal act in italy.:)

but the problem is that in italy it's really hard to find good groups in the field of metal i think

so... NOVEMBRE have good talented technical skill(the drummer is amazing!) but there's a lack in songwriting

i don't find the same emotions that OPETH give to me.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

OK, I'm going to take a long shot on my grammar here, but:

Che conosciuto è Novembre in Italia?

Please correct whatever might be wrong with (and answer) that question.

che conosciuto e' novembre in italia?(wrong version)

quanto sono conosciuti i novembre in italia?(correct version)

poco solo negli ambienti metal.(in italian)

in italy novembre are quite known only in the metal field.(in english)

:D

Okay, haven't heard Novembre yet, am I missing something? Is this a Devin Townsend thread? You know, the one going to be at ProgPowerIII in Atlanta in (November)? I have some of his songs mp3, but don't find him all that good. Can anyone suggest their faves?