Novembre

Alcapoth

S t a r E
Apr 27, 2002
ON, Canada
Visit site
Dammit, from the samples I have heard of Novembre, all I can say is that these guys really impressed the heck out of me.

I mean damn, they have some truly epic tunes along the lines of Opeth (except their songs are much shorter...but similarities between the two bands are pretty apparent).

Anyway, I have their recent album on order (Novembrine Waltz), and I CAN'T WAIT to receive it! This band is at the top of my list with Opeth, and I'm loving it!

So yeah, I would like to know what others think of them and list some of their best songs...I haven't heard too much because I am awaiting its arrival and do not wish to spoil much its anticipation....

Novembre are always cool to discuss around here.

Anyway, they're one of the greatest emotional bands in the world in my opinion, and your mind will be blown when you get your hands on 'Novembrine Waltz'.

Their previous album, 'Classica' is also great, and the two downloadable albums are good also.

Songs-

Distances (actually everything from NW is amazing)
Nostalgiaplatz
Cold Blue Steel
and I particularly enjoy their cover of 'Stripped' from the Arte Novecento album.

They can do no wrong my in opinion.

carmelo orlando is one of my favorite vocalists.

the only things that puzzles me is their extremely muddy guitar sound. almost like borknagar.

Yeah, I picked up Novembrine Waltz several months back... actually I think someone on this forum recommended them. They are a lot like Opeth... excellent death metal vocals!! It's just awesome when the growl kicks in on the first song on this cd!!! I agree the guitar is a bit muddy on certain songs. Overall, a great pick up, though... especially while waiting for the next Opeth cd to come out!!

Their disc would get many more plays by me if they would stick to just the clean vocal style. Hopefully the new disc would correct this problem for me.

If anyone is interested, www.vvinyl.com is selling Novembre's hard-to-find disc, 'Wish I Could Dream It Again' for $12.99

i would buy it, but Novembre just doesn't get much playing time in my player, so I hope one of you enjoy it....if you choose to buy it.

Originally posted by Light
I have all their albums, and saw them live last year supporting Katatonia and Opeth.

Nya, nya, nya-nya, nyaaa!

:D Fucking lucky bastard! Anyway, must have been one hell of a show...heck, I don't think I even have to ask how much it kicked ass, most-likely....

And, the TWO samples I have heard from NOVEMBRE are "Cold Blue Steel" & "Distances." The intro riff of Distances is phenomenal, I just have to say! I mean wow, like some previous comments have been made here - it's indeed emotional & powerful stuff! Gave me the chills...I mean, when songs do this that tells me that the song indeed is a fantastic one. Cold Blue Steel overall is just as good (lucky for me, my brother has THAT one on order -Classica - so I'll have the pleasure of listening to that album as well.)

Another thing I have to say is, like someone has already stated...YES, the vocals are superb! I mean fuck, words just cannot possibly convey the emotion apparent in those vocals. And I noticed no flaws with the guitar work, it sounded completely awesome to me.

But anyway, that's enough of my rambling...I just had to express my thoughts on the band, and they couldn't be more positive. Just another amazing band I'm fortunate enough to have heard of....

edit: anyone have an idea why there isn't a separate forum for Novembre here at UM.com?

Originally posted by Liquid Tension
Their disc would get many more plays by me if they would stick to just the clean vocal style. Hopefully the new disc would correct this problem for me.

blasphemy. orlando has one of the best growls in the musical world....