Novembre

DoReMi

Sep 3, 2002
Brussels/ Belgium
www.globaldomination.se
What's so great about this band? I've heard people on this board rave about them. I have just recently bought myself Dreams D'Azur (I know, it's a re-recording), and it completely failed to impress me. The vocals are lousy, dull and boring to listen to (the clean vocals... I like the growls). The riffs are uninspiring and just drag out. When it does start to get underway (Let Me Hate and Sirens in Filth being stand-out tracks), those absolutely awful clean vocals that go absolutely nowhere get thrown right back at you, and once again completely destroy the album, in my opinion. To think that people have rated them alongside the almighty Opeth is just beyond me. Tell me what you think.

Oh, and I think exactly the same about the samples of Novembrine Waltz up on MP3.com, so no hope there I'm afraid.

I personally love the clean vocals, i think they stir up quite alot of emotion. The growling sometimes just sounds like he is growling for the sake of it. The riffs definetley do not drag out and are certainly not uninspiring for they inspire me definetly. You didnt mention the drums, it is some of the most intricate stuff out their and also some of the fastest double bass also. Well to my ears the music is beautiful and so are the vocals. Maybe you just need more listens?

I just recently heard a couple of novembre's songs, and I really like it personally, but a question to you guys, which novembre cd's should i pick up?????????????????????????????? I need more opinions

one of my fav bands as well.

especailly novembrine waltz i thought that album was great (even with the kate bush cover song slammed in the middle of it),

ive always really loved melody more then aggression so they do it for me

svenske kocken said:
I think they are fucking boring.

Please explain what you find boring about Novembre

IMO they are damn talented and one of the brightest stars in melodic Death, their songwriting skills are worthy of all the bigger bands and are a great companion for those who enjoy Opeth, The Provenance, Dark Tranquility, Daylight Dies, Rapture and Katatonia.

Classica and Novembrine Waltz are regular spinners in my collection, and I fail to see what you can't like about them.

:)

I love Novembre. The music reminds me of the sun and a warm breeze overlooking the ocean or something equally as corny....

'Novembrine Waltz' is easily their best in my opinion. It's much more advance and warm than 'Classica' which has quite a cold sound at times, athough 'Cold Blue Steel' and 'Nostalgiaplatz' are two great tracks.

But 'Novembrine Waltz' gets my vote. Songs like 'Distances' and 'Everasia' are just magical. And Carmelo's clean vocals are great on that album.

'Dreams D'Uzur' didn't really blow me away, but I think it's quite good. Nothing on 'NW' though.

'Arte Novecento' and the original recording of 'Wish I Could Dream it Again' are good but the poor sound lets them down a bit I think.

Oh and I think pound for pound (career for career) Opeth are better, but 'Novembrine Waltz' is a better album than anything Opeth have ever done.

That's my two cents....