Novembrine Waltz vs. Dreams d' Azur

Nico16

Oct 10, 2001
germoney.
sooo........which album is better, in your opinion????

(I can't decide...both are absolute masterpieces IMO)

Novembrine Waltz, thanks to Dreams D'Azur having some pretty bad stuff on it (which comes from it being much older!). The music on Novembrine Waltz is much more layered and interesting and downright GORGEOUS. Although, it could really use something like the last couple minutes of "The Music" (which are the most headbanging minutes in musical history! :D). A better question would have been "which is better, Novembrine Waltz or Classica?" !!!

I have Dreams d'Azur currently on order. I have heard one song from it, "Dream of the Old Boats" and it is a masterpiece!

I have both Novembrine Waltz and Classica...both are incredible. I think Waltz is the slightly better album, though. Come Pierrot and Child of the Twilight are almost too amazing!

Well, then there you have it. The song that makes Waltz NOT perfect. ;)

NW was my first album. Distances sold me on buying it. One song did it. After I got it, Valentine, Venezia Dismal and Conservatory Resonance were like the best three songs in a row on an album I'd ever heard.

If it was asked, Classica is what I'd take to my grave. It's awe-inspiring IMO. I can't deny it. It was their second album I got. WICDIA, AN and Dreams I got at the same time after the two. I listened to WICDIA so much more than Dreams so far, it's hard to separate the differences in the two still. Last night Marea played on random and and I didn't know who it was for a good 5 minutes.

My answer is Novembrine Waltz. Everasia is unfuknbelieveable.

I have been listening to Dreams for the last couple of days, and am completely awestruck by it, I mean I actually sat there and took it in, and couldn't get up!! (not saying that it is better than Waltz, but it is still fucking glorious)

Sure 'Novembrine Waltz' is more accurate, and reminds me quite of 'Arte Novecento' (don't understimate that album.... try and listen Depeche mode's cover "Stripped") because is elegant, discrete and melodic.
But also 'Classica' had its own impact in 1999 (and it rocks me still now). Anyway be prepared because before the end of 2004, they should record a new album! (Giuseppe Orlando's own words) :headbang:

i've never heard dreams dzure, wicdia was my second novembre cd after classica and is good. I think d'zure will be in the mail tomorow? i hope the master volume is louder because on my headphones on the bus it's hard to hear wicdia.

I am soo excited about NW at the moment. it will be in the mail soo aswell. I love novembre soo much. I want to work in the outer sound studios.

i wouldnt compare those two albums, theyre too different... i would compare wish i could dream it again vs dreams dazure

Well I just got dreams dzure today. Compared to wish the verdict by far is dreams of corse. Not only does the new recording make it much more listneable massimilaiano's solos are amazing. It's really funny how much more i enjoy Dream's D'zure than wish I could dream it again considering they have exactly the same songs.
Of corse I can't imagine not owning wicdia though.

dunno, there are songs wich sounds better in wish i could... (even if the production is worse), for example the last song of the album