Now Playing Thread

nick drake - one of these things first

i LOVE this guy.

hey, if you read this, i have a question for you:

Five Leaves Left or Pink Moon as an introduction to the band? I know a store that has them on sale for $7.99, but I don't want to get both until I've checked out one or the other.

b00008acip01sclzzzzzzzhb7.jpg

Great album, great band, great artwork!:kickass:

I haven't gotten their new one Desideteria (or something like that) nor Mercury (debut i think). I have some songs off of it that are awesome, but Deadlands is just amazing to me.

I would suggest Deadlands, it's really interesting. Agnete's vocals are briliant. Also it's a concept album, so that's also a plus because they pull it off briliantly.

Check it out.

Porcupine Tree - 'Collapse The Light Into Earth'

Anything this string laden makes me melt. It's just so fascinating how Steven Wilson took something so very simple, and make it something so lush. I don't think I could ever do that.

Ulver - Nattens Madrigal

Did they try to make it sound like this? Kveldssanger came out before this and the production isn't near as bad as this.

They did. I believe it was supposed to be some kind of statement towards the black metal community. The fact that they completely abandoned black metal after that album seems to support that. Garm doesn't think very highly of the black metal scene.

np: Bob Dylan - From a Buick 6