Now Playing Thread

They did. I believe it was supposed to be some kind of statement towards the black metal community. The fact that they completely abandoned black metal after that album seems to support that. Garm doesn't think very highly of the black metal scene.

np: Bob Dylan - From a Buick 6

it wasn't a statement at all. the reason they chose to record the album as they did was to give the album a "raw" and "authentic" feeling. although garm does dislike black metal now and regrets making black metal influenced albums, he only came to this realization after completing those black metally albums.

I though 'Nattens Madrigal' sounded that way because Ulver blew it's (comparatively, for a black metal album) very large recording budget on suits and a car, and had to record it on a four track.

Is that not the case?

not afaik

edit:

There are rumors surrounding this album and its recording, the most famous being that the band recorded this album in a forest. Another and less-known rumor is that the band purposely recorded the album on a four-track cassette recorder and used the money that Century Media gave them for other things, for example Armani suits, haircuts, cocaine, beer, and/or a new car. These rumors have both been refuted by Kristoffer Rygg.

-wiki

I just listened to a collection of Mozart pieces from the "World Greatest Masterpieces" 8 cd set. I would prefer to hear these works in their entirety than listen to them as a collection, but this is a good way to "sample" some of Mozart's works...

next up: the Beethoven collection :)

just listened to:

Hawkwind - Hall of the Mountain Grill

haha, good album, the bass is awesome and the guitars as well.

Did Lemmy actually sing on this record?????????

edit: np. Opeth - Epilogue