Now Playing Thread

there are a gazillion bands more depressive than opeth

you ability to overexaggerate is almost admirable... I HIGHLY doubt that there is even 100 bands more depressive than Opeth...

Opeth's music reaches some of the most darkest depths of emotion, touching on topics such as "ghostly remorse over unfaithful lover" and "the harrowing tale of lepers in wake of their lost sense of humanness" as well as "grief stricken lover scorned by village seeking vengeance" etc...

Although maybe they are not depressive as your generic mainstream singer songwriter band :rolleyes:

for me depression and quality are two different things. I was not bagging on opeth as I said that. guess I have to stop listening to katatonia, anathema and antimatter since they ain't metal enough ;)

they don't have to be metal to be as emotional as Opeth,

although your average mainstream band will mostly write songs about breaking up with their girlfriend or having too much to drink, hardly touching on any deep emotional topics...

btw, if you want to hear a depressive song, listen to "Vet for the Insane" by Fields of the Nephilim, and they are not even a metal band