Now Playing Thread

np: pink floyd - animals << amazing album. totally pwn. i read that the verse of pigs is referring to maggie thatcher (sp?) and the third is about some other conservative british woman called mary whitehouse. makes the lyrics more fun

(like have fun with a hand gun....)

np: van der graaff generator - a plague of the lighthouse keeper (excellent stuff as well...)

[KOTNO]Narrot said:
np: pink floyd - animals << amazing album. totally pwn. i read that the verse of pigs is referring to maggie thatcher (sp?) and the third is about some other conservative british woman called mary whitehouse. makes the lyrics more fun

(like have fun with a hand gun....)

np: van der graaff generator - a plague of the lighthouse keeper (excellent stuff as well...)

hmm not sure who maggie or mary are, but i know the album is lyrically stabbing at the situation at the time in england.

as for VDGG, i've only heard a few tracks, but have only heard good about em, so i should check a full length out.

Thatcher was the conservative Prime Minister of England during part of the 70s and most of the 80s i do believe.

i just heard a little bit of the new SOAD album last night and i was disappointed. it was lacking that spastic energy that makes that band worthwhile for me. maybe i just heard the lesser parts, but so far i'm unimpressed.

np - seefeel - time to find me (aphex twin remix)