Now Playing Thread

Wreath said:
James LaBrie is in fact, a good singer, he can hit the notes...but it would be better if he didn't sing high and didn't have an annoying singing voice.

he hits the notes in the studio records good. he has an awesome technique he can pull of in the studio but he sometimes fails badly live. and also, he imo doesnt have a good voice (it's not horrible tho, i own 5 DT albums or smth)....and yes, i'd be a good thing if he sang an octave lower sometimes

[KOTNO]Narrot said:
he has an awesome technique he can pull of in the studio but he sometimes fails badly live.
That's true for sure but then again who doesn't?
Just to name a few: Mikael Akerfeldt(ever heard him singing A smart kid with Porcupine Tree?), James Hetfield, Maynard Keenan(well not THAT badly but he isn't perfect either) and millions of other singers...
The problem with DT and LaBrie is that they're perfectionists and that it stands out more than in other bands.

Yes it is and the last two albums were heading right into that direction(with one or two exceptions per album).
I can't wait to hear what they do on Octavarium.

Kamelot - Requiem for the Innocent

Absolutely top-notch band. I'm addicted to their newest one (The Black Halo) as well.

Albums that have gotten playtime today:

Blind Guardian - Nightfall in Middle-Earth
Kamelot - Karma
Kamelot - The Black Halo
Opeth - My Arms, Your Hearse

Mantraschism said:
Kamelot - Requiem for the Innocent

Absolutely top-notch band. I'm addicted to their newest one (The Black Halo) as well.

yeah i think it was MetalStorm.ee that had the black halo voted in at number 1 album, i must get eround to listening to Kamelot :)

now playing - Sonata Arctica - Broken from Winterheart's Guild, great song, great album

Moonspell- The Antidote (album)

got some of their stuff after I saw them live, with.. Opeth? I don't remember what headline they came on before. Pretty cool live show