Now Playing Thread

nevermore03_gr.jpg

bangadrian said:
it's a recording of a 1972 concert, genius

EDIT: actually 2 concerts compiled together, but whatev

Have you seen the live Led Zep DVD? Damn, those guys were amazing live. I love the first disc the best since it's mostly a lot of the raw blues they played before they became dragon pants wearing rock stars. Although, I do love that era of Zep too.

Looking for a Job said:
blues-era zeppelin blew a lot

If I disagree with you will you desecrate my spritely Asian men in the snow?

If not: Early Zeppelin is by far the best era of their career. Plant's vocals were powerful and the rest of the band was very tight. Great improv sections and medleys.

If so: You're right. Coda was the best Zeppelin album (even though it was just a collection of outtakes released after the demise of the band.)

NP: Death - Flesh and the Power it Holds

Looking for a Job said:
lol @ coda. i'm talking about lzIII and beyond. the first two albums are the only "blues era" zeppelin albums. if not, then start from houses, whatever. houses, physical graffitti, presence > I, II, IV

Well, I like all of their albums. Live, however, I think they were best in their early days.

bangadrian said:
the first 3 albums have not one single filler track among them. solid rockin' from start to finish

now, let's look at presence: "royal orleans", "candy store rock", and "hots on for nowhere" are all mediocre at best. that's nearly half the album, and even "tea for one" is questionable. really we're left with 3 solid songs that are at best, as good as any song from I through III.

presence < all other zep albums (except ITTOD)

Don't forget Coda.

And 'Tea For One' is awesome. A very underrated song.

Looking for a Job said:
wtf? considering they only wrote maybe half of the first two albums, how is that not considered filler? doing only covers=filler, period. and half of lzIII is filler. "out on the tiles"? lol

When the Levee Breaks is a cover and it slays just about any other Zeppelin song.

Looking for a Job said:
yeah, and that's why they were sued for those "totally new" songs? lol. out on the tiles=royal orleans. btw, candy store rock is pretty sweet

Was that pun intentional? When the Levee Breaks > all of Presence.

bangadrian said:
they were sued because they didn't credit the original sources of the songs, they were listed as "page/plant"

i don't think you'll find one other led zeppelin fan who thinks that albums I, II, and III suck. you can go ahead and hate MAYH too, your loss

Or his gain... ?