Now Playing Thread

Aethenor- Betimes Black Cloudmasses then Tenhi- Kauan, haven't listened to Tenhi in ages, recently whenever I wanted to listen to neo-folk I spun Kveldssanger or one of the Empyrium albums, forgotten how good it is.

I just downloaded the Ne Obliviscaris demo as I've heard lots about it, and I must say I'm extremely impressed. I've just got to the end of Tapestry Of Starless Abstract, and the one complaint I have is with the clean vocals, they sound quite post-hardcore. Apart from that though, the rest of it's top-notch.

Ne Obliviscaris - Forget Not

cover986_13322.jpg

Morbid Angel - Formulas fatal to the flesh

btw, Stand Up was Tull's peak.

Aw, I don't know, Tull made so much amazing stuff after that. It a really nice album though, in fact I'm spinning 'Look Into The Sun' right now. Lovely.

On their first three albums JT were pretty blues-rockish. After that, they explored other styles and became more prog-rockish. So, if you don't like the prog in JT, then you'll surely pick you're favourite from the first three.

My favourite JT albums are "Songs from the Wood", "Roots to Branches", "Warchild", and "Aqualung". In that order.

On their first three albums JT were pretty blues-rockish. After that, they explored other styles and became more prog-rockish. So, if you don't like the prog in JT, then you'll surely pick you're favourite from the first three.

My favourite JT albums are "Songs from the Wood", "Roots to Branches", "Warchild", and "Aqualung". In that order.

Yeah, that's true of course. I really can't pick a favourite either. Benefit, Thick As A Brick, Minstrel In The Gallery, Songs From The Wood and Broadsword And The Beast are my picks I guess. But yeah, I love almost all their stuff.

np: that new cover on the Ulver MySpace. Good stuff.

Aw, I don't know, Tull made so much amazing stuff after that. It a really nice album though, in fact I'm spinning 'Look Into The Sun' right now. Lovely.

And The Zombies, I recently tried out Odessey and Oracle after I heard Mike raving about it, it's indeed an awesome album.

Everything Tull did in the 70's is a worthwhile listen, but I never get tired of their unique brand of blues rock. Stuff like Passion Play...maybe once a year.
Odessey and Oracle is essential. At least two of the songs on there have been covered numerous times, but never better than the original.