Now Playing Thread

^that was roughly my opinion for some years, but somehow after listening to death magnetic a few times my interest in metallica came back until it reached the point where i was curious to hear how st. anger would feel if i listened to it now.

and i must admit that i actually enjoyed it like i did when i listened to it for the first time. it's got shitty production, alright, it's too long, it could do with a few solos, and the sound of the snare especially is (at least) an aquired taste. but it's also relentless, it combines alt-metal influences with metallica sound (particularly kill'em all) and it's got some new ideas in it (mostly hetfield playing with his voice). it's even pretty catchy.

who knows what comes next? if st. anger was a start from scratch (kill 'em all style) and now death magnetic is more like MoP-era will the next album be also MoP-era based or will it be Black Album 2?

Metallica - Invisible Kid

... currently giving St. Anger another chance

thats like the worst track o.0

i personally like st anger more than black album, load, reload and DM btw. favs would be title track (one less verse and itd be :headbang:), sweet amber and all within my hands

thats like the worst track o.0

i personally like st anger more than black album, load, reload and DM btw. favs would be title track (one less verse and itd be :headbang:), sweet amber and all within my hands

i like the tracks frantic, st. anger, dirty window and shoot me again best. i think its better than reload, but not better than load, DM or black album.

np: Black Sabbath - War Pigs ... part of an iTunes Genius playlist based on Slipknots "People = Shit", which is a great "tune" btw.

Where do you listen to music? and what do you do while you are listening. Just curious, i know some people study while listening to music which i never been able to do, some just sit and listen (like me)....

In my car, on my iPod, sometime before sleeping, while I play guitar (theorically in front of my computer, while I'm not "on my computer"), sometime (rarely) while on computer. Mmmm, with friends, NOT when studying........

Mostly in my car. :cool: