Now playing thread

Demilich - The Sun Drank the Weight of the Water

ARRGGH!!! I just made this awesome riff and I had this odd thought "hey this kind of sounds like the Demilich song." So I listen to it and it's basically identical. Fuck. I knew it was too good to be true.

f4f8024128a03ad7e806e010._AA240_.L.jpg

Kataklysm-The Night They Returned

Just picked up 3 Kataklysm albums, the 3 being In the Arms of Devastation, Serenity In Fire and Epic: The Poetry of War, and I really love all three albums. They have a really nice blend of melody and death metal without really being 'melodic death metal', imo.

Kataklysm-The Night They Returned

Just picked up 3 Kataklysm albums, the 3 being In the Arms of Devastation, Serenity In Fire and Epic: The Poetry of War, and I really love all three albums. They have a really nice blend of melody and death metal without really being 'melodic death metal', imo.

If you don't already have it, make sure to pick up "Shadows and Dust"-- it's the album after Epic and before Serenity in Fire-- and imo, the best of the 'modern' era of Kataklysm.

:kickass:

If you don't already have it, make sure to pick up "Shadows and Dust"-- it's the album after Epic and before Serenity in Fire-- and imo, the best of the 'modern' era of Kataklysm.

:kickass:

I'll be sure to do so, thanks.

Anathema-Sunset of Age

Yakuza-Plecostomus

Only band that sounds a little 'metalcore-ish' that I can listen to, as I have a very strong hate for the whole metalcore genre.

Gorod-Chronicle From The Stone Age

Anyone who hasn't heard Gorod need to hear them, excellent technical death. Speaking of recommending stuff, who thinks we should have our own recommendation thread??