NOW PLAYING thread

dude..the downward spiral is pure genius. very depressing and a great concept to match. also his last cd had some great songs( everyday is exactly the same and right where it belongs) seriously check those out. also the fragile is amazing, check out the great below. I think you need more of a listen before judging based on the great taste you have I wouldn't see why you couldn't see the beauty in almost all nin.

Ok, time for my INSANE enthusiasm (which only occurs when I just discover true brilliance in music! So, it can't be helped.)
Dude, DUDE!!! I owe you big-time, man. Well, I don't know you so that'd be difficult, but you get the point I'm sure haha. I downloaded the entire album based on what you've said of it. I can safely say now that I'm an idiot for ever assuming that The Downward Spiral was not good, for any given reason I had in the past (I've only ever heard Closer and Hurt from back in the day.) I fucking LOVE the soundtracks to the Silent Hill video games and this shit totally reminds me of it at times - I was blown away by some of the similarities. I like Closer much more now than I did then, but that song is nothing compared to others like Reptile, Heresy, A Warm Place, The Becoming and March of the Pigs. Shit, perhaps their popularity clouded my judgement on these guys, but wow...I gotta get this album in 5.1 if at all possible.
:lol: I can't believe years and years later I am only now actually going to state I'm a HUGE fan of NIN. Again, thanks...and thanks for the compliment actually.

DAMN! April is turning out to be one heck of a month - Elend, Virgin Black and Nine Inch Nails, so far, are must buys for me.

Nine Inch Nails | March of the Pigs

:lol: I can't believe years and years later I am only now actually going to state I'm a HUGE fan of NIN. Again, thanks...and thanks for the compliment actually.
Nine Inch Nails | March of the Pigs

:kickass: that's great news man! Make sure to check out the fragile and pretty hate machine(terrible lie, sin, ringfinger:headbang:)

p.s. piggy \m/

here's a question for all your people who like blackfield

do you like the other singer's (aviv gefen) voice? do you like his contribution in the album? I understand he wrote most of the song

ilan, how about you? do you like blackfield?

np: Hooverphonic - Club Montepulciano

do you like the other singer's (aviv gefen) voice? do you like his contribution in the album? I understand he wrote most of the song

ilan, how about you? do you like blackfield?

np: Hooverphonic - Club Montepulciano

I liked aviv's voice in pain a lot but on this cd his voice was just flat out bad :ill:

still a great cd though :worship:

Yeah blackfield does stray far from what i normally listen to, however i love both of their cd's. Aviv's voice can give me the shits at times but once your in the groove its all good. :worship:

I was wondering about that. Apparently he's a huge star in Israel, but frankly I don't really see how/why, cause he's far from a great singer i.m.o. He writes superb songs, cause indeed he wrote 7 of the 10 songs on the new BF, but his vocals are so so at most i.m.o. Maybe it's because he sings in English and he's used to singing in Hebrew.

At the gig I went to last week, he sang "Glow" with only him on piano and vocals, quite exposing and not that good i.m.o..