NOW PLAYING thread

And tbh Cynic never did much for me. Instrumentally they are solid, but the style just kinda bores me. Only band in that genre that does something for me is Atheist - Piece Of Time and Pestilence - Testimony Of The Ancients(Yet is has its weak moments).

same here, Cynic is hardly a legend in my eyes but i listen to all the technical death metal bands also, so most of my friends think im crazy. DONT DISTORT THE VOCALS!

np: veil of maya (BAND, NOT CYNIC SONG) - its not safe to swim today

Oh, don't even yo! That's like saying early Katatonia is a different band simply because they changed directions. Paint BY Number had most of the current members on or featured on it. However bottom line is as long as Joey, the main song writer is in the band it most certainly is 3. In fact they're going to be releasing a revisions album of older material before the next cd. On top of that all of their cds feature older reworked material. Wake Pig for example has revamped songs from Summercamp Nightmare, a cd that overall has more in common with Paint By Number.

DontEven-1.jpg

joey + Gartdrumm = 3 enough said. no offence to the Eppard name but josh fell quite a bit father from the talent tree. and its totally different than the katatonia comparison by a long shot imo. katatonia has always been about changing their sound dramatically from album to album, maybe not as dramatically as BMD to DO that your refering to but still, its like a katatonia trademark, its what you EXPECT from each release. and considering you talk crap on akerfeldt vox all the time, i could just as easily say you dont like old kat as much as new kat, just like me with 3.

joey + Gartdrumm = 3 enough said. no offence to the Eppard name but josh fell quite a bit father from the talent tree. and its totally different than the katatonia comparison by a long shot imo. katatonia has always been about changing their sound dramatically from album to album, maybe not as dramatically as BMD to DO that your refering to but still, its like a katatonia trademark, its what you EXPECT from each release. and considering you talk crap on akerfeldt vox all the time, i could just as easily say you dont like old kat as much as new kat, just like me with 3.

No Joey=3, nuff said. Besides Gart was on some of the tracks for PB#. There's nothing wrong with Josh's drum work, and he's quite a catchy drummer, which is what matters. There's no difference from the Kat comparison. Bands change their sound all the time, and it's not like anyone is bound to a sound. I talk crap about Mike's vox? Uhh, actually I've said numerous times he's one of the only growlers I can stand. Whether I like the first two Katatonia releases is totally irrelevant since it's still Katatonia regardless. Anyhow I'll take old Three any day of the week, and this is coming from a prog head. Joey used to be one funky mo fo.

You don't really have an argument. Sorry broski.

live, the dueling drumers is what got me to buy a few of their albums not the slap acoustics, though that helped to. i just like the newer drum style (tons) better. you say josh is a catchy drummer, that your opionon, but tbh i think he's generic shit, and that goes for their first album, but yes this is my OPINION. and if i decribed any music i listen to as "funky" then i will spontanously combust or blow my own brains out, but the 2nd would probably come first.

I think Sun Caged is generic shit, but that's just my opinion. See how that works? ; P

Btw, the percussionist is out of the band.

and you wonder why they're doing a rerelease before another studio?

dude why the low blow wtf? dont get all butthurt just argueing different musical opinions