Now Reading...

Starting to Read: The Lies of Locke Lamorra - Scott Lynch.

Interesting so far. Not completely sold on his writing style, but I'm into the story, and that's really what matters.

I'm reading a Lovecraft collection now. This is my first time reading his work, and I have to say it's tough to get through some of these stories. Given how much he influenced King, Gaiman and Mignola (all favorites of mine), I'm a bit disappointed.

About two thirds of the way through the aforementioned Brent Weeks book. The first 250-300 pages or so were fine. All of a sudden, it's like a different author entirely took over, one who suffers from the same idiocy that plagues Peter F. Hamilton. "Her cleavage must have been six feet long, because he was lost in it." lolwut?!

Still footslogging my way through 1634: The Bavarian Crisis. I was about to give up on it, since there's a dizzying number of characters and a lot of historical background, but not much action and too much exposition, but things finally picked up with a timely kidnapping. :)

New Sanderson/Jordan book and a new Larry Niven book are on the way from Amazon. :kickass:

I have a five year-old, so "Green Eggs and Ham" is probably the last book I read. ^___^
I actually wrote this for a reason though. Reading several of the Dr. Seuss books to/with my Son, reminded me of what an awesome writer he was at his particular craft. I can't say I would recommend Dr. Seuss as a must read for an adult, but for those that have decided not to have kids, I suggest thumbing through a few the next time you are at a bookstore. His images and imagination were incredible.

There is a wocket in my pocket

Bryant

Just picked up a copy of Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle's "The Mote in God's Eye". I have heard great things about this book so I am looking forward to reading this.

Just picked up a copy of Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle's "The Mote in God's Eye". I have heard great things about this book so I am looking forward to reading this.

It's one of the best books I've ever read involving first contact with an alien species.
Very highly recommended.....but then again, there are very few Niven books that I wouldn't also highly recommend. :)

It's one of the best books I've ever read involving first contact with an alien species.
Very highly recommended.....but then again, there are very few Niven books that I wouldn't also highly recommend. :)

Also got "The Gripping Hand":kickass::kickass:

I'm just finishing up "The Lord of the Silent Kingdom." The third Instrumentalities of the Night book by Glen Cook comes out next week. Can't wait.

Gonna read "Delivering Happiness: A Path to Profits, Passion, and Purpose" by Tony Hsieh (the Zappos guy) in the meantime.

Finally ended my reading slump by finishing Bonk: The Curious Coupling of Science and Sex by Mary Roach a few days ago. Fascinating! :)

Now reading Maledicte by Lane Robins. This seems to be recommended to Jacqueline Carey fans a lot, and I can see why.