Now Reading...

Followup to 'Parasite'...it's a good 'un.

vRQgiJo.jpg

I need to get this one. I liked the first one in the series.

Just finished "The Boys in the Boat: Nine Americans and Their Epic Quest for Gold at the 1936 Berlin Olympics." I actually went to University of Washington for a year and knew someone that rowed crew, but kind of thought of it as a third-rate sport for folks who couldn't play other sports. Had no idea of the skill/stamina required or the historical importance until I read this book. :oops: Now on to some brain candy - "The Job" by Janet Evanovich.

graveperil.jpg

I'm pretty sure in the time I've spent reading this book, Justin has read about three or four of these. And I'm only halfway through. :)

I killed about three books a week doing my re-read, but I also skipped the repetitive prose in each book, like where he describes Mac's bar or what the wizard's Sight is. I don't need a reminder every time.

Currently working on this. The author is the pen name of two men, one of whom is GRRM's personal assistant. I'm only a couple chapters in, but so far it's pretty good.

51YUKjK6m0L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-v3-big,TopRight,0,-55_SX278_SY278_PIkin4,BottomRight,1,22_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Rereading the Sandman Slim series. It's essentially a rated R Dresden Files. Simple but fun.

Just curious if you have ever checked out either (or both) the Tales From the Nightside (John Taylor) or the Secret Histories (Drood Family) series from Simon R. Green? I fell into these after reading The Dresden Files. Both are a fantastic series with even more of the smart-assery of Harry Dresden.

Just curious if you have ever checked out either (or both) the Tales From the Nightside (John Taylor) or the Secret Histories (Drood Family) series from Simon R. Green? I fell into these after reading The Dresden Files. Both are a fantastic series with even more of the smart-assery of Harry Dresden.

I haven't tried either series. I'll look into them.

Finished Leviathan Wakes - very much enjoyed it. Nitpicks were minor. I think there are at least three more books and a handful of novellas. Until I pick those up, I'm alternating between these two:

031624662X.01._PC_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Ocean_at_the_End_of_the_Lane_US_Cover.jpg

Just finished "The Forbidden" by F.R. Tallis. Love his series of books that are set in Vienna, but this one was even darker and creepier. Needed to cleanse my palate with a quick, easy read, so just started "The Lightning Thief" by Rick Riordan. Have seen the movies of the first two books in the series and thought they were entertaining.