NR - now reading

after finishing The Vikings at the weekend... i've started to read some Icelandic sagas... Egils Saga and Brennu-Njáls saga . It will take some time till i finish with them...

Originally posted by Mocika
Ziller, what is it like?
Hmm. Violent. Weird but not utterly foreign. As Seiji M. Lippit and Jorge Luis Borges both note in the foreword and introduction, Akutagawa blended 'eastern' and 'western' elements; maybe those western influences make the works more accessible. Most stories seem to deal with the question of morals. Apparently the very last ones bear the marks of his impending breakdown and suicide, but I haven't gotten that far yet. Anyway, it's a good read.

Terry Pratchett - Equal Rites, only few chapters left and I'm starting King/Straub - Black House soon, I just found a hardcover of it real cheap (To Finns: kannattaa käydä suomalaisen kirjakaupan alessa... sieltä löytyy vaikka mitä halvalla)

'Mistress of the Empire' by Raymond Feist & Janny Wurts

Next up: Dean Koontz' newest book which I just got for my birthday :D

I very much loved William Faulkner's Birdsong. That man is a contemporary classic author, no doubt about it. His novels just work on all levels, personal, declarative, and comfortably snug in thier feel of literary history. Superb stuff.

I'm reading Bram Stoker's Dracula (leisure) and studying A Midsummer Night's Dream and The Private Memoirs and Confessions of a Justified Sinner by James Hogg.

I'd recommend them all to anyone of course!