NR - now reading

Originally posted by Hearse
Dragonlance Chronicles by Margaret Weis&Tracy Hickman :D
This is the forth time actually :lol:

Awesome books... I can't find #2 and #3 anywhere though.... I lent out my first set and never got them back... :( All I have is Dragons of Autum Twilight...

I didn't like the second series nearly as much either...

Rudy's "Historias del Siglo XX" ("20th century stories").
a history book looked through a very funny and irreverent glass. For the spanish-readers, I recommend it strongly (I bought it in Buenos Aires, Argentina)

does anybody knows this argentinian writer?

Originally posted by xenophobe
Awesome books... I can't find #2 and #3 anywhere though.... I lent out my first set and never got them back... :( All I have is Dragons of Autum Twilight...

I didn't like the second series nearly as much either...

I stopped reading after the first new book, whatever that was called, Dragons of Summer Flame? Where Tanis dies in a most anti-climactic and stupid fashion. I think they should have just left the trilogy alone :D some of my favorite books.

NR: Wizard World by Roger Zelazny

Xeno, try Abe Books, they have links to thousands of booksellers, you might be able to find those books that you're missing there..I found the last few books of Zelazny's Amber series through that site at a really good price. Give it a shot :)

Originally posted by Wandrail
I stopped reading after the first new book, whatever that was called, Dragons of Summer Flame? Where Tanis dies in a most anti-climactic and stupid fashion. I think they should have just left the trilogy alone :D some of my favorite books.

Hmm... I'm not sure that's the second trilogy, by Tracy and Laura Hickman, were they?

I do know there was a third trilogy that was horrid.

It's been over a decade since I read them...

@Lady... Hmm.. I'll check that out. Thanks. :)

Yeah, there are three... Dragonlance Chronicles, the first series... and Dragonlance Tales, and also Dragonlance Legends.

Chronicles was awesome... The second series okay, but the last series was horrible, if I remember correctly.

Oh, yeah, I was talking about the extension to the Chronicles...they added at least one other book some 5 years ago. Dragons of Summer Flame, and while its well-written, it just destroys everything. Its one of those "lets just kill all the ain characters for effect" types of things, and ta the end all the magic is removed from existence, etc...I don't read TSR books, really, other than those older Dragonlance ones (Kinslayer Wars was good, I thought) its mostly junk.

Anyone read American Gods by Neil Gaiman?

I'm currently in the midst of reading Globalization and Its Discontents by Joseph Stiglitz. Why I didn't decide to minor in Poli Sci (when I had the chance to pick a minor) is beyond me.