NR - now reading

h. simon - "hidden champions: lessons from 500 of the world's best unknown companies"

s. beckett - "theater"

Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt is a good book! :)

NR: Berstol Brecht - Der Gute Mensch von Sezuan, Herman Hesse - Demian, and some others..
(yes yes German reading list)(For school, but still good books! :-o :))

Ormir said:
Neil Gaiman - American Gods

I just finished that one around the end of January! You know, I think it's become my favorite book! It was the first time I had ever finished a book and was deeply disappointed that there wasn't more! I definately recommend it to anyone!

Have you read anything else by Gaimon? I haven't but I'm looking to start. Do you have any recommendations?

sh0kr0k said:
I just finished that one around the end of January! You know, I think it's become my favorite book! It was the first time I had ever finished a book and was deeply disappointed that there wasn't more! I definately recommend it to anyone!

Have you read anything else by Gaimon? I haven't but I'm looking to start. Do you have any recommendations?

I finished American Gods few days ago, and I'm amazed how great that book was. After reading Gaiman's first novel Neverwhere, I was very disappointed and didn't expect much from American Gods. Not that Neverwhere was bad (in fact it was rather good), but I just expected something waaay better from him, me being a huge Sandman fan.

I recommend reading the Sandman graphic novels, they're just about the best thing I've ever read. Neverwhere is good, but nowhere near Sandman. Good Omens (with Terry Pratchett) is pretty good and very funny novel too.

NR: Robert E. Howard - Conan and the demons (several short stories)

Voice of God said:
I recommend reading the Sandman graphic novels, they're just about the best thing I've ever read. Neverwhere is good, but nowhere near Sandman. Good Omens (with Terry Pratchett) is pretty good and very funny novel too.

I'll have to check that out! Thanks for the recommendation! :)

~Sh0k~

I think I am the only one who reads books no one has ever heard about...
NR: Miguel Angel Asturias-Legends of Guatemala.
Pio Baroja-The tree of science
Cuellar-Dance & pig(don't ask about this one)
Roger Lancelyn Green-A book of dragons

Yup I have quite a few Anne Rice books, 'The Witching Hour' is a kickass read..I'm not as big into her writing as I used to be though.

NR: Clive Barker 'Coldheart Canyon'