Nude stripsearch by cops on innocent woman

the phenom

Jun 7, 2007
Finland
I was just surfing around on youtube and found something disturbing and fucking sick. It reminds me of the "McDonalds strip" thing but this is even more fucked up because the actual crime is done by police officers.

It's about a woman calling the police because of a violent assault that was inflicted upon her and she gets taken in herself and strip searched by force with no actual SOLID reason for it. She reported a crime but got taken herself. She actually got sued for that aswell.

Video footage from this(Could be kind of disturbing so if you're sensitive you might not want to see this).

Part 1

Part 2
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riboisae0JY&feature=related[/ame]

The whole story:
It all began in Stark County, Ohio when Hope Steffey was assaulted by a cousin and another cousin called 911 for assistance. When the officer arrived, Ms. Steffey accidentally handed over her deceased sister´s license, which she kept for sentimental reasons. She immediately noticed the mistake and gave the officer her own identification and asked for her sister´s to be returned. The officer refused to return her sister´s license. The officer ran a check on Ms. Steffey´s license and found no infractions, but continued to treat her as though she were the perpetrator of the crime, instead of the victim.

Ms. Steffey states she begged for the return of her sister´s license until Officer Gurlea lost his patience and shouted, "shut up about your dead sister." When Ms. Steffey pointed at the officer´s pocket, which held her sister´s id, and said, "she was here, she was someone", Officer Gurlea threw her face down on the hood of his patrol car, chipping one of her teeth. And according to documents filed by Hope and Greg Steffey with the United States District Court in Cleveland, Officer Gurlea then threw Steffey to the ground. Although Ms. Steffey´s cousin repeatedly reminded the officer that Steffey was the victim and had been knocked unconscious in the previous assault, Officer Gurlea handcuffed Steffey and put her into the back of his patrol car, refusing her medical care.

Hope Steffey was then taken to the county jail and forcibly strip-searched by 6 to 7 male and female deputies, despite Stark County´s own policy which states that a strip search must be conducted by a same sex officer. She was left in a cell for 6 hours with no clothing or even a blanket and eventually wrapped herself in toilet tissue for warmth and modesty. She was not allowed a phone call or medical attention and when she was later taken to booking, she was given only a small weighted vest to cover her nudity. She was charged with disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.

I hope this has not been posted before....

EDIT: I myself found this fucking sick and think that those fuckers need to be punished somehow unless the search was proven necessary!

DISCUSS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Violence is legitimate is causes such as this
Cruel retribution is fitting
Vengeance will be dealt out with ruthless iron fist
Worthless filth recieve no mercy

They deserve to die
They deserve to die

Plans have been completed and the time is drawing near
Punishment will be relentless

They deserve to die
They deserve to die

Vacuous faces hammered into mash
Beaten senseless, sense they never had
Merciless smashing shatters teeth and bone
Ignorance earned every crushing blow

Killing has just started and my lust for blood will grow
Justice will be found in murder
Stupid as they are they didn't know the seeds they'd sown
Grew into my savage hatred

They deserve to die
They deserve to die

Skull is fractured by the pounding
Eyes dislodging from their sockets
Brains spill out, the skull is split through
Mind vacent, now cranium too

Guilty thoughs will not infect me
Soulless scum recieve no pitty

Deceptive tounges hewn by my blade
Forked like a snake now on the ground they lay
They had no conscience so there is no loss
For my redemption there must be a cost

They deserve to die
They deserve to die
Die

I think these lyrics fit the video (Cannibal Corpse - They Deserve To Die).

Cops in this town get pissed for the smallest reasons. If you skateboard around the place, they'll confiscate it and have you deal with people in the town hall. Feh. But this is just :erk:

when i lived in ohio, i was about 5-6 years old and my mom married a cop. and he was abusive, he'd beat me, my mom, and my brother and if my mom fought back he'd put her in jail. and it didn't help that she was an alcoholic at the time and also beat me and my brother :p

Oh gawd, that sucks. Cops...I hate 'em. Some are nice but the ones I've encountered lately suck.

That is absolutely disgusting. I wouldn't be surprised if things like that have happened in Philly but it's just unreasonable. My father's a Philadelphia Police Officer with close to 22 years on the force and I know he's never taken part in anything like it. Sure, he's put some fresh-mouthed kids and criminals in their place but never done anything this unprofessional and degrading. It's situations like that which make me suspicious of every cop out there, cop's daughter or not.

I knew as soon as the newscaster on video said
"Stark County"

that he meant stark county Ohio.

Yet another piece of evidence of what a shit hole the Cleveland, Youngstown, Akron area is!

and also another reason why I should move.

Edit:

Edit:
And... nothing will probably happen to the cops. They might have made them resign their positions, but if the whole thing went to trial before that tape was shown then that lady probably won't get any justice.
It's absolutely against the law to not say the miranda warning ("you have the right to remain silent, anything you say or do can be used against you in a court of law.........") provide her with an attorney and give her a phone call.
Hopefully they at least get in trouble for that much of it.

That's far worse than getting raped. I hope whoever's responsible for this shall die. Evil humans deserve to die, after all. Imagine how the husband must have felt when his woman is taken by force to an operation like that? It's disturbing for me to think because I have a gf.