NWOBHM - a retrospective

JayKeeley said:
The Best Albums:
1. IRON MAIDEN - s/t
2. ANGEL WITCH - s/t
3. ELIXIR - Son of Odin
Has anyone ever seen this Elixir album anywhere? Does anyone have it downloaded? Can anyone rip me a CD-R? Has anyone ever spent time in a Turkish prison? Has anyone ever seen a grown man naked? Roger, Victor.

JayKeeley said:
Has anyone ever seen this Elixir album anywhere? Does anyone have it downloaded? Can anyone rip me a CD-R? Has anyone ever spent time in a Turkish prison? Has anyone ever seen a grown man naked? Roger, Victor.

Working Airplane into this thread is almost as awesome as Court in the Act!

I've read in a couple of different places that Angel Witch had an amazing debut album. I finally heard it and I just don't understand the hype. Maybe it's too dated or I'm to jaded, but it sounds like mediocre uninspired hard rock.

Too be honest I don't like most of NWOBHM. There are sometimes a few good songs on those albums but mainly the whole movement seemed to be mostly full of posers.

Give me Venom any day! Yeah, they're posers too but their evil posturing brought about the Black Metal movement!

Nate The Great said:
I still haven't found that Angel Witch for a reasonable price.
The debut? That should still be widely available. I got mine in Virgin a few years back with tonnes of bonus tracks :D