NWoBHM

1.The theme to Black Heaven was released as a Japanese single and is called "Cautionary Warning" Quite a respectable track although the actual Black Heaven anime is a bit of a letdown (Even if it does mention Michael Schenker on a regular basis. )
2. Sorry but Judas Priest are not NWOBHM. They were a first/second generation band that just happened to hit their stride at about the same time. They might have looked at was going on and tweaked their sound a bit though.
3. I would also recommend the "Metal Explosion" and "Friday Rock Show" compilations. Pretty much every track is worth listening to.

I still have alot of NWOBHM to discover. The bands I know and love are Venom, Raven, Saxon, Iron Maiden, Def Leppard, and Grim Reaper.

I recently attended the March Metal Meltdown Festival in Irvington, NJ and they had an NWOBHM all star band featuring Al Atkins (Judas Priest), Dennis Stratton (Iron Maiden), and Jess Cox (Tygers Of Pan Tang). They were not too impressive live and made me rather bored.

Big D said:
1.The theme to Black Heaven was released as a Japanese single and is called "Cautionary Warning" Quite a respectable track although the actual Black Heaven anime is a bit of a letdown (Even if it does mention Michael Schenker on a regular basis. )
Michael Schenker plugs are enough to make me hunt this fucker down!

NWOBHM for me:

Saxon
Venom
Blitzkrieg
Sweet Savage
Satan
Bloodmoney
Wolfbane (not same band as Blaze's wolfsbane)
Wolf
AngelWitch
Fist
Rage(uk)
Speed
Grimreaper
Vardis
Trespass
Weapon
Etc.

Griffin- said:
Nice names!
There is so much NWOBHM. Shame many bands are split. Although the reunions are great too, like SATAN.
I have seen Satan live at the Dynamo club many times. Have their demo and I am on the inner sleeve of their debut album.

My favorite Satan song is "opression". I love the guitar intro. Their "Kiss of Death" is also very good. They were great live! I did not like their later material and the name changes. But hey what can you do, right? I told them it was stupid to do it. But nooooo, they had to see for themselves.

They were rather a few bands from that era doing stupid things. Not just NWOBH bands. Consider Anvil for instance. Raven same tale; first 3 albums and the EP's and singles are great, After that :(.

Well, they payed for it. It's all to bad though.

Hawk said:
I did not like their later material and the name changes. But hey what can you do, right? I told them it was stupid to do it. But nooooo, they had to see for themselves.
I beg to disagree, I don't know about Blind Fury, but Pariah's albums are all wonderful. The energy of "The Kindred" and "Blaze Of Obscurity" are amazing, is thrash very depurated and powerful. IMO the bad choice of English/Raeme was to bail out to Skyclad (and I like Skyclad). When I heard "Unity" I knew the band still has a lot to offer, especially if they can reunite with Sean Taylor on drums. As for Brian Ross or Michael Jackson (poor guy, share the name with the mutant from overseas), I prefer Jackson, but it seems the WOA reunion will be with Ross.

Wyvern said:
I beg to disagree, I don't know about Blind Fury, but Pariah's albums are all wonderful. The energy of "The Kindred" and "Blaze Of Obscurity" are amazing, is thrash very depurated and powerful. IMO the bad choice of English/Raeme was to bail out to Skyclad (and I like Skyclad). When I heard "Unity" I knew the band still has a lot to offer, especially if they can reunite with Sean Taylor on drums. As for Brian Ross or Michael Jackson (poor guy, share the name with the mutant from overseas), I prefer Jackson, but it seems the WOA reunion will be with Ross.
Wyvern

You have every right to disagree. There are a lot of people who agree with you. Not that this changes my opinion though :).

I understand what you are saying here. But I *never* debate personal taste. I have found in the + 25 years that I am in the hard-rock/metal scene that it is counter-productive. I respect your opinion but notice that we disagree. There's nothing wrong with that. I just don't feel the need to convince you of the righteousness of my viewpoint, so we agree to disagree It's all good bro' ;)

O, and I think Brain Ross RULES!

Hawk said:
Wyvern
so we agree to disagree It's all good bro' ;)
49.gif

@ Fang: "Unity" is a very good album, it was like: we now close properly the chapter, goodbye and God bless you. Still I would have reunited the band with Taylor and Jackson for the farewell (stubborn bloke!).

In any case I hope those attending WOA that Satan will give you one hell of a performance, scream some for me please :headbang:

Wyvern said:
49.gif

In any case I hope those attending WOA that Satan will give you one hell of a performance, scream some for me please :headbang:
I am thinking hard about going. If I go I'll SCREAM my head of!!

Hawk said:
I have seen Satan live at the Dynamo club many times. Have their demo and I am on the inner sleeve of their debut album.

Damn Hawk!!! Now you got me pulling out old vinyl looking for you!! So which one are you? I'm assuming you're in the picture of all the people sitting on top of the car and it says "Dynamo Bunch" above it.

And you said that you are on the back cover of Raven's "Wiped Out" lp also, right? Where are you on that one?

Any others?

Greeno said:
Damn Hawk!!! Now you got me pulling out old vinyl looking for you!! So which one are you? I'm assuming you're in the picture of all the people sitting on top of the car and it says "Dynamo Bunch" above it.

And you said that you are on the back cover of Raven's "Wiped Out" lp also, right? Where are you on that one?

Any others?
seems like Hawk is our worldwide star :D

Fangface said:
seems like Hawk is our worldwide star :D

No doubt! Him and Baldyboy. Do we have any other famous people in here. I know JonnyD is wanted in 6 states..... does that count as famous? :p

AngelWitch73 said:
I´m in a GRAVE DIGGER dvd, does that count ? I´m also wanted in Maryland for going through a red light. (I swear, I did not see a red light).
hey, I'm also in a bunch of DVDs ahah!

I'm sure there are people here thanked in some booklets as well, but we probably should start another thread for that ;)

Greeno said:

Any others?
Satan Album

On the RIGHT side on the hood of the car. I have the glasses and open my arms. You can see my LONG BLOND CURLY HAiR god damnit, I used to have :erk::erk::erk:

Raven Album Wiped out
Vinyl version

Their are two black pieces of txt in the back side of the album.
They are somewere near the bottom.

On the left one there's the songs and on the right one the band members are mentioned and their equipment is listed.

Just above the right one where the band members are named their is a picture of 3 guy's. The one in the middle has LONG HAIR, glasses a red shirt and a leather bike jacket with 3 visable button on. That's me.

The guy's on my left is noone else but Metal Mike the chief editor of the Dutch Mag Aardschok, The guy on my right is none other that Dave Wood their manager at the time.

Those are the only two album sleeves I am on.

However their is a small chance I will be on the sleeve of the new Sieges Even DVD. This will be recorded next weekend coming sunday. I helped them land the gig at the Headway festival.

That's cool as hell, Hawk! The pic on the Raven LP is they coolest one. The pic on the Satan insert is hard to make out, it's from a distance I guess. You're the guy all the way on the right with white shoes on right?