Retro - Spot !!

Eagle said:
I'd rather see Bob Catley solo as I didn't enjoy the last Magnum album at all, also a reliable friend of mine told me that Magnum were very uninspiring whilst perfoming live. If we got Bob solo then we'd get the best of both worlds as we'd get some Magnum classics as well as some of the stuff from his excellent solo albums.
Odd... I've found exactly the opposite. Magnum are a great live band. I've seen them 4 or 5 times, and they haven't let me down yet. Bob's pretty good solo, but I don't think he always picks the best Magnum tracks to play, and he's certainly not as good as Magnum in a live setting. Both are significantly better than Hard Rain, though :)

Magnum or Bob. No matter which, I'm sad to say I've never caught them live. Shame on me..! As long as it's Bob on vocals I'm happy. ...and no, the last Magnum album just doesn't do it for me... Bob's last album should've been cut in two had some songs added and been released with the two styles separated. I like both styles, mind you. Mostly because of Bob's amazing voice.