NWoBHM

Greeno said:
That's cool as hell, Hawk! The pic on the Raven LP is they coolest one. The pic on the Satan insert is hard to make out, it's from a distance I guess. You're the guy all the way on the right with white shoes on right?
Nope. I am the guy with the black leather jacket. The guy who is wearing glasses. Get this; I am the one who is most on the left of the right side group. The most left one sitting on the hood of the car [man I could tell you stories about that car].

The one with the with shoes is a chick. She is on the extreme left, then above her is Loes [she was cool!] left of her/above is Andre who with me founded the Dynamo club, right down Andre is a guy with short hair [I can't remember his name but he was a convinced Commie], and Just below Andre and left of the commie it's me.

Here is an evil picture of me during the 2001 re-union of the Dynamo club

:headbang:
reunie7.jpg
:headbang:

Can you guess my favorite band?

Big D said:
Tell you a band I'd love to find an LP by: Trespass. Only come across their stuff on compilations and everything I've heard is class.

As far as I know Trespass only released three singles 1980-1981. They were also on the classic metal collection Metal for Muthas II. I´ve never heard or read about them ever making an album tho´.
They were pretty good.

Tom75 said:
As far as I know Trespass only released three singles 1980-1981. They were also on the classic metal collection Metal for Muthas II. I´ve never heard or read about them ever making an album tho´.
They were pretty good.
I have a compilation cd from them. With tracks from "Metal for Muthas" and the track recorded at the BBC's Friday Night Rock Show. It's called Live it up!

The track's are:

01) Live it Up
02) Change Your Mind
03) Visionary
04) Assassin
05) Eight to Five
06) Lightsmith
07) It's a Live Beat
08) It's All Over
09) Frogeye
10) Ace of Spades
11) Bombay Mix
12) Money
13) Stormchild [From Metal for Muthas II]
14) One of These Day's [From Metal for Muthas]
15) Visionary {From the Friday Night Rock Show Album]

This leaves the "Bright Lights" Single that is not on this "album"

More info here:

http://www.nwobhm.com/tress.htm

And here:

http://www.trespass-alienegg.co.uk/index.html

AngelWitch73 said:
Just have a look at my screen name. :) I likes me some ANGELWITCH and also most of the bands mentioned already.
Damn I was sure you are the Skyclad type of fan :Spin: :p

Wyvern said:
As for Brian Ross or Michael Jackson (poor guy, share the name with the mutant from overseas), I prefer Jackson, but it seems the WOA reunion will be with Ross.

Somebody knows, where now sings Michael Jackson (ex-Satan, Pariah)?

Jermak said:
Somebody knows, where now sings Michael Jackson (ex-Satan, Pariah)?

No idea, I found this in an old interview with Steve Ramsey

The new singer Michael Jackson sang more rough than the previous singers, where did you find him? Was there no thoughts to change his name or give him an official nick name?
We advertised in Kerrang and a couple of other mags and Mick was one of many applicants, some of them a bit weird like the old singer from Tigertailz! We loved the rawness of his voice and thought his name was great, nobody was going to forget it. We had a bit of a mishap once though when his publishing royalties were accidentally sent to another more famous Michael Jackson. What a pity it wasn't the other way round, haha.

Who had the idea to change the name again in PARIAH and what do you think of it now?
We're happier with that decision and made it because we were now being confused with Death and Black Metal bands. At one of the gigs on the Running Wild tour a group of Christians petitioned the Mayor of the town to stop Satan from playing and were at the gig trying to stop fans from going in. We were getting weird letters signed in blood and stuff and decided the time had come.

Had you lost your deal then or why did PARIAH give up in 1990?
We lost the deal with Steamhammer as our sales, although reasonable, didn't justify the advances in our contract and then Mick left, leaving us without a singer.

nwobhm_revisited.gif

NWOBHM '79 Revisited! :headbang:

The first two DEMON albums rank in my favorite albums list!

I also have

RAVEN - All for One
GIRLSCHOOL - Best of
DEF LEPPARD - On Through The Night
VENOM - Welcome to Hell

Shee-it, somebody had to dig all the way to China to unearth this thread. Last post before today was over a year ago...had me confused at first because I didn't remember seeing it until now. Then I realized the posts were from March 2004, not 05.

Oh well, I'm with Rokk. Top of my NWOBHM list is Demon. I still listen to the first three albums regularly and I've got their newest one called Spaced Out Monkey that I really like. The rest of their catalogue is kinda hit and miss. I think they lost their way for awhile after Malcolm Spooner died.

Other NWOBHM bands I still listen to are Fastway, Diamond Head, Mama's Boys, Rock Goddess, Raven, Quartz, and Tygers of Pan Tang.

Add Tygers Of Pan Tang to my list o' favorites. I fell madly in love "Spellbound" sometime between the time this thread was made and now.That album fucking RULES!

Wyvern said:
No idea, I found this in an old interview with Steve Ramsey
Had you lost your deal then or why did PARIAH give up in 1990?
We lost the deal with Steamhammer as our sales, although reasonable, didn't justify the advances in our contract and then Mick left, leaving us without a singer.

Thanx.
It is possible to continue investigation. ;)
I do not trust, that such vocalist more anywhere did not sing.
ESPECIAL voice. :worship:

It is necessary to recognize, that I can be mistaken. For me all that was at that time ('80-'90), is painted in especial colors.

owww dear, missed out on this NWOBHM thread...The first thing that jumps in my mind when hearing NWOBHM is ; superb early albums, shitty later albums !! For most of the bands this counts but there are some exceptions..
Some of my favs there are
of the well known;
Angel Witch, Satan, Jaguar, Hellanbach, Diamond Head, Raven, Grim Reaper

Lesser known;
Stampede, Chinatown, Chateaux, Legend , Witchfinder General, Tysondog,...

Sure I'm missing out some here...now I'm gonna read the rest of this thread ...

Wyvern said:
And related (musically):

Culprit (USA)

Ermm, don't get this Wyvern, Culprit for me are some of the top US Metal acts from the 80's, not much to do musically with NWOBHM (To my taste anyway !!)...Huhu, I get kinda itchy when it comes to my favorit 80's US Metal bands :D

carnut said:
Ermm, don't get this Wyvern, Culprit for me are some of the top US Metal acts from the 80's, not much to do musically with NWOBHM (To my taste anyway !!)...Huhu, I get kinda itchy when it comes to my favorit 80's US Metal bands :D

Culprit is a US metal band. not as NWOBHM band. BHM stands for Britsh Heavy metal.

Hawk said:
Culprit is a US metal band. not as NWOBHM band. BHM stands for Britsh Heavy metal.

Yeah, but Wyvern posted some bands that he thinks are musically related to NWOBHM and included Culprit to that.... I don't see the relationship well, but again, that's probably personal taste ...

I say related and I stated clearly that Culprit is from USA. Same apply to Sortilege from France, and Baron Rojo from Spain.

As carnut posted it is my obervation, take it or leave it, no harm done ;)

Wyvern said:
I say related and I stated clearly that Culprit is from USA. Same apply to Sortilege from France, and Baron Rojo from Spain.

As carnut posted it is my obervation, take it or leave it, no harm done ;)

My bad Wyv. Sorry about that. Sloppy reading on my side :)

Hawk said:
I just read about your country and your president Lukasenka who wants to bring your country closer to Russia.

Lukashenko is the having little education moron. Its name pollute these pages.

Hawk said:
http://www.belarusguide.com/as/law_pol/politics.html

Shocking stuff to say the least. Must be difficult to be a metahead. Can you get any of the cds you want in your country?

It is limited only by money.