Oceansize

Oceansize is by far my favorite band to ever grace this earth. I've listened to them more than any other band. I've never been able to categorize them, nor truly understand why I like their music so much. They are just absolute perfection in regards to my personal musical taste. Hell, even last.fm says i've listened to them more than any other band.

I really got into this band because I put Position on repeat, while playing wow. It musta repeated about 20 times, and it just invaded my mind. And I have been a rabid drooling fan ever since.

Also, some of the rythms and time signatures are the most bizarre i've ever heard, yet they're clever and make these insane time signatures slip by due to the catchiness of the music.

Their song writing is their biggest drawcard for me, cos it's often so subtle.

But I can also understand why other ppl don't like them.

I beleive they are terribly underated, given how accesable and listenable their music is (ie not overly heavy with black metal screeches or something), but I guess the drawn out nature of their music, and the insane rythms must throw ppl off. Or their subtle approach to music, must bore some.

Best.Band.Ever

Oceansize is by far my favorite band to ever grace this earth. I've listened to them more than any other band. I've never been able to categorize them, nor truly understand why I like their music so much. They are just absolute perfection in regards to my personal musical taste. Hell, even last.fm says i've listened to them more than any other band.

I really got into this band because I put Position on repeat, while playing wow. It musta repeated about 20 times, and it just invaded my mind. And I have been a rabid drooling fan ever since.

Also, some of the rythms and time signatures are the most bizarre i've ever heard, yet they're clever and make these insane time signatures slip by due to the catchiness of the music.

Their song writing is their biggest drawcard for me, cos it's often so subtle.

But I can also understand why other ppl don't like them.

I beleive they are terribly underated, given how accesable and listenable their music is (ie not overly heavy with black metal screeches or something), but I guess the drawn out nature of their music, and the insane rythms must throw ppl off. Or their subtle approach to music, must bore some.

Best.Band.Ever

I was waiting for you to come 'n put my thoughts into words hehe

Contradiction? :p I just like MAYH, Still Life, BWP and Damnation these days while I don't care for the newer stuff :p ...and then I occasionally say Opeth suck 'cause I'm so sick of some of their fanbase who think they're some equivalent to jesus christ :p