Odyssey, second sky

jimbob

Nightingale and EoS fan
Jun 23, 2005
Örebro
I`m curious about these, probably, two of the most wanted die hard projects....how´s it going with everything?

Don´t wanna nag to much about this but I think they will :kickass::headbang:

Don't forget the Frameshift cd, when will this be recorded?
http://www.henningpauly.com/

"
Frameshift NEWS
(03/29/2009)

alexf.jpg
I am sure many of you have been asking where the next Frameshift album is. I announced the vocalists, I announced the name. I even have more than half the music written and recorded. The vocalists are sitting ready to go, but I just didn't feel the material was ready and since "The God Delusion" will be a very important album for me, I want to make sure that the guitar sounds and the drum sounds are all on the level that I imagine.
I have been working on achieving this level in the last two years and one step towards this goal was starting a project with my good friend Alex Froese, singer and bandleader of "Kockdown Industries" (see further down). In the process of working on this it started to sound more and more like Frameshift. It all seemed to come together and I found myself writing and recording songs that sounded exactly like the music I imagine Frameshift to be...I found the sound, I found the music I wanted to stand behind the name Frameshift. I know now that I can go back to the "The God Delusion" material and finally produce this album...BUT: I do have another album with an amazingly talented and very flexible vocalist that now sounds like Frameshift and therefore should become a Frameshift album. So, I am hereby announcing that the third Frameshift album will be released this year.

The third Frameshift album will be featuring Alex Froese on vocals. The title is Loading Oakfield.

I am sure that negotiations with the label will commence soon and a release date will be set. There are still a few songs to record, but I can already promise that with Alex's powerful voice this is going to be very heavy but that it will also have a lot of hidden gems like Rhythmik trickery that will not be apparent immediately. Alex already recorded an amazing vocal counterpoint. Two ballads are already done with a third one planned.

The songs are shorter than before, get more to the point and we are still debating wether the album needs an epic monster of a songs or if this time around this just isn't necessary. The third Frameshift album is definitely NOT a concept album. Sometimes this approach isn't justified and we are firmly convinced that the music on this CD will speak for itself without an overwhelming concept around it. For those into the big concepts, Frameshift 4, which should follow the third one as early as 2010 will spoil you with the best concept yet.

Stay tuned.!!!
"

this with only some fast google usage :Smug:

I am kind of bummed about Frameshift with Dan getting shifted, but what can you do? When it comes out, it's going to be one of the best.

I too look forward to the Second Sky album of course. Dan is amazing!

Howdy folkz.

The last days (and nights) I have been finisihing off the "After Me" coverversion with the temporarily resurrected original line-up of Unicorn. Turned out better than expected. The best we´ve ever done together since...ehhr....The Wierdest of Tales....anyhow.....I have also been mixing the Second Sky record. It is a tedius and nervewrecking experience but I must say, that after a few days of tweaking it sounds fucking amazing!! The album is still missing a few leadguitars and a few tracks of vocals, but atleast I have the lyrics for the 2 last songs. The final lyric is written by Maxus (That wrote some stuff for the "Invisible" album) and it´s called "Wild Harbour", a nice little story with a little less metaphors than my lyrics. I have also been finishing off the sound and some edits for the coverversions that will back up the re-release of Odyssey. The backingtracks have been sent out to the "soloists" including. Dag, Tino Kallioneimi and Markus Vanhala. Other actors that will appear is Pär Fransson and Johan Berglund (on "Wasted Years") and Lord K(ekko) on "At the gallows end"
About Frameshift...I am sure the time will come for this project. I haven´t heard from Henning in a bit, but he´s busy and need to keep things flowing. I wish him the best of luck with the songs and hopefully I will find the time to sing the shit out of those tunes!!

Dan

Dan, I know I said it before but I'll say it again. Your vocals on White Darkness are the best ever! THAT is reason enough to believe you'll kill on Second Sky and Frameshift.

Guys, Henning has said that the Frameshift album with Dan is very special for him, and he doesn't want to rush it. The third album with a different singer is going to be a straightforward work whereas the one with Dan will rule!

Really nice. Thanks for a great answer! This will blow us away :Spin:. Some serious things to look forward to!