Offical announcement of Enchant show

The plan is that every band will have merch, and we will also have a CD vendor there to sell CD's in the genre--- Redemption will be selling their new CD, and I know the Enchant guys will bring a lot of merch-- There is plenty of room in the venue-- so we will put up all we can!

Got my tix in the mail, today. Got 4, may only need 2...

Any truth to the rumors that Slavior (Markl Zonder's new band) is also playing?

--dan

Dano--

Thanks for your support for the gig--

Mark and I had talked about his band doing the gig, but 5 bands in one night is looking like a lot--

You all know my position concerning the 'Left Coast' thing......

still.....THREE years removed from Imusicast.

Last month I saw House of Lords, and Bang Tango at the Newport Blues Cafe - in Newport, RI

Gee, that would be a GREAT place for ENCHANT to play......hmmmmm.

I must admit to being a bit 'green' when it comes to promoting. How does this stuff work? Is it as simple as (me) walking into the Blues Cafe and asking for management to contact you guys, or do YOU have to be the contact starter?

Again, Sorry to be the buster of the nads, but I live here. Its bad enough we get the same re-treads year after year....and in that I mean other groups.

I'll probably get flamed for this again, but I* buy the CDs, and DVDs too....

Again, it is as simple as ME promoting you guys HERE?

Do I have to go canvassing club to club singing the praises of ENCHANT?

**stepping off of soapbox** :erk:

Since I just started off doing this - I can provide a little background-- As a new promoter, you will have to secure the trust of the venue that you are trying to book-- typically you will have to go in and sell the concept of what you are doing, the bands draw that you will book, and your promotion plan around how you are going to get the word out for the show in addition to the venues advertising etc.., You probably will have to put down a guarantee to rent the club- if you are lucky they will let you work on a percentage of the door. You then need to secure the bands with some kind of guarantee for them. Then you need to fund the advertising expenses and liability insurance on your own..

Thats about as simple as it gets based on my experience..

You all know my position concerning the 'Left Coast' thing......

still.....THREE years removed from Imusicast.

Last month I saw House of Lords, and Bang Tango at the Newport Blues Cafe - in Newport, RI

Gee, that would be a GREAT place for ENCHANT to play......hmmmmm.

I must admit to being a bit 'green' when it comes to promoting. How does this stuff work? Is it as simple as (me) walking into the Blues Cafe and asking for management to contact you guys, or do YOU have to be the contact starter?

Again, Sorry to be the buster of the nads, but I live here. Its bad enough we get the same re-treads year after year....and in that I mean other groups.

I'll probably get flamed for this again, but I* buy the CDs, and DVDs too....

Again, it is as simple as ME promoting you guys HERE?

Do I have to go canvassing club to club singing the praises of ENCHANT?

**stepping off of soapbox** :erk:

Since I just started off doing this - I can provide a little background-- As a new promoter, you will have to secure the trust of the venue that you are trying to book-- typically you will have to go in and sell the concept of what you are doing, the bands draw that you will book, and your promotion plan around how you are going to get the word out for the show in addition to the venues advertising etc.., You probably will have to put down a guarantee to rent the club- if you are lucky they will let you work on a percentage of the door. You then need to secure the bands with some kind of guarantee for them. Then you need to fund the advertising expenses and liability insurance on your own..

Thats about as simple as it gets based on my experience..
When I read about how you, Tammy & John (TX Madfest 2007) and Glenn & Shane (PPUSA) promote these festivals/shows, I find it quite interesting and informative. One of these days, I'll have to find out how much it costs, up front, to promote a show at a local venue (starting with a smaller venue).

How is travel and lodging for the band covered as well?
Playing the east coast isn't just like driving a few hours north on the interstate to play a show.....

How is travel and lodging for the band covered as well?
Playing the east coast isn't just like driving a few hours north on the interstate to play a show.....
Yeah there's that too. Not to mention, temporary work visas for the bands from out of the country. And there's catering backstage too. There seems like so much to do and pay for, for a show.

Sorry-- no camcorders are going to be allowed-- Cameras are fine of course--
What about a digital camera that also happens to have some limited video capability? :rolleyes:

I'm not trying to be difficult... But I just bought this great pocked-sized digital camera last month...

Fujifilm FinePix F20

...which takes great still pictures, and I hope I'll have the privilege of using it at the show.

If I'm asked not to record any video, I'll certainly comply out of respect to you and the band. :loco: (It only has a few minutes' worth of video capacity anyway.)

--Keith

Thanks for your reply....however, I was looking for a direct response from a band member. And I'd still like to know WHY an east coast trip is SO un-doable.....Bands will pack up and go overseas, but won't drive across their own country....

I'll still buy the CDs, and DVDs....but I'm getting more and more impatient here.

We don't take it as negative at all it is a compliment that you care enough to be frustrated you have not seen us.

Hey email me offline at ed@theoasis.cc and I can explain the 10,000 reasons we have not been able to make it back your way bro.

Thanks for your reply....however, I was looking for a direct response from a band member. And I'd still like to know WHY an east coast trip is SO un-doable.....Bands will pack up and go overseas, but won't drive across their own country....

I'll still buy the CDs, and DVDs....but I'm getting more and more impatient here.

Imagine the reasons why it'd be a pain in the ass for you to go to the west coast and you can have an idea of 1/5 of the reason why it would be a pain in the ass for Enchant to go to the east coast. Actually, a little less as they'd have a bunch of equipment to bring over as well.

Economics also come into play. It's an unfortunate truth, but it remains a truth just the same.

Sadly/Thankfully Enchant is not exactly NSync or some other crappy pop band that can fill any venue they play at with crazed 14 year old girls, and I'm sure you don't want them to lose money on a performance anymore than they want to.