www.facebook.com
Bloodstock have just announced the fifth band to the 2009 lineup: Katatonia

The current line up is: Sabaton, Wintersun,the Haunted , Turisas and Katatonia
***more to be announced***

When: Aug 14th - 16th 2009

Where : Catton Hall Derby

Tickets: www.bloodstock.uk.com

Who will be coming?

If you have any feedback or any questions you need answering feel free to post them here or PM me and I will report them back to HQ. These will then be discussed in the upcoming management meeting.

Remember this is a festival for the fans by the fans, so if anything worked / didn't work we will want to know so we can make sure that Bloodstock 2009 is the best.bloodstock.ever.

**** Next announcement will be made on Monday morning (20/10/08)****

do you know in which part of england is it exactly? so if tehre are other interesting band i can try to came here this year!

yes :(? so sad...i don't know 'cuz i have ever wanted to make a trip through england and it could be a nic idea..but was only a thought anyway thank you so much :D

yes :(? so sad...i don't know 'cuz i have ever wanted to make a trip through england and it could be a nic idea..but was only a thought anyway thank you so much :D
DO make a trip through England, seriously. I've been on small tours with my brother's former band through the UK a few times and I've always loved it there. Made other short trips there as well, beautiful country and the Brits are simply super cool folks! London is a fucking amazing city as well, I always love to go there.

DO make a trip through England, seriously. I've been on small tours with my brother's former band through the UK a few times and I've always loved it there. Made other short trips there as well, beautiful country and the Brits are simply super cool folks! London is a fucking amazing city as well, I always love to go there.

i was been in london but i still prefer prague to london :S i didn't like london so much...i was been there to see defender of faith tour last april!
but i'ven't the chance to see anything else... :( i think that countryside should be amazing to see..and after i've always loved to see York or scoltand! :cry: i've got too many trip planes

katatonia.jpg

UK EXCLUSIVE PERFORMANCE FOR 2009

The Bloodstock team are delighted to announce that Swedish goth metallers KATATONIA have been added to the bill for BOA 2009.

Katatonia were formed in Stockholm in 1991 by Jonas Renkse and Anders ‘Blakkheim’ Nyström and started life as a hybrid doom/death metal crossover before gradually shifting to a more mainstream atmospheric gothic/alternative rock sound, a move which began in earnest on their third album Discouraged Ones.

Having made a name for themselves on the underground with their Jhva Elohim Meth demo, the band released their debut album Dance Of December Souls on No Fashion records in 1993. A period of line-up instability threatened the future of the band and it would not be until 1996 that their sophomore effort Brave Murder Day eventually appeared. Featuring guest vocals from Opeth’s Mikael Åkerfeldt, the album marked a further development in their sound and, like their debut, was a critically acclaimed success. Renkse was back on vocals for Discouraged Ones, adopting a clean singing style which, although a risky gamble, proved to be a major turning point and helped them reach a much wider audience.

At this point, the band signed a long term deal with UK label Peaceville and began a run of releases building on their signature style and culminating in 2006’s The Great Cold Distance, their most dynamic work to date. Their eighth, as-yet-untitled studio album is expected later this year.

Click the Link Below to view the KATATONIA Bloodstock Band Profile page .

http://www.bloodstock.uk.com/bands-profile.php?id=322

KATATONIA – A Darkness Coming - BLOODSTOCK OPEN AIR 2009.

Don’t forget Early bird Tickets are now on sale at just £85 but only until 15th December 2008 when prices will increase. To buy your ticket now go to the secure Bloodstock on line store.

Regards

Bloodstock Team :devil:

http://www.bloodstock.uk.com

Gah, I'll have to stay here a little longer I guess.
I love Turisas, and to see Katatonia again would be great.

I'm going to hold out a while longer untill more bands are announced before i decided on buying a ticket.

Has anyone been before?
Feel free to leave some constructive feedback (what was good and not so good) and I'll be sure to pass it on.

Anyone care to guess who will get announced next? :cool:

Cheers,

I will be there again for definite.

I am not a veteran of the festival, but did make it there this year.

Think Wacken (which I have been to several times), but much smaller. I think there is some affiliation with the WOA organisers too.

It was my favourite festival of this year (yes, better than Wacken in my opinion). I decided on going again next year without knowing any of the lineup...