Official Bloodstock 2009 thread

3 WEEKS TO BLOODSTOCK AND COUNTING

With just 3 weeks to go , we are close to selling out on VIP tickets with only a few left so anybody that wants a VIP ticket we urge you to buy now and avoid disappointment. VIP tickets give you access to the backstage hospitality area for the whole weekend where you might even be lucky enough to meet one of your favourite bands, a goody bag full of surprises, your very own toilets and showers and a much quieter camping experience for those of you who really do need your beauty sleep, and of course the VIP car park is just a stones throw from the VIP camping area.

Thursday Night is PARTY night set to start with a bang with the infamous 4 DJ’s of the Apocalypse, then for a Bloodstock FIRST we introduce a comedian set to put you all in a great mood ahead of the weekends bands !! To thrill the crowds we have the ever sexy and very entertaining FUEL GIRLS who are going to set the night on fire (not literally we hope) with their full on stage show, this we have been promised will involve some crowd participation so don’t be shy  To cool you all down we then have a set from the 4 DJ’s followed later in the evening by a full stage show by the well known circus madman...DOC INSANE!!! To finish the night we expect you ALL to be at your vocal best for the most quality FULL ON METAL Karaoke event of the year! Spandex, Denim & leather is a must for this one 

Expect a weekend full of wall to wall entertainment including Bloodstock’s famous Metal Karaoke, the International Metal Market, Stunt shows, Guitar Hero competitions, fairground rides, the Bloodstock legendary Unsigned Stage showcasing the best of new & unsigned talent and not to mention the BEST 100% Metal Line up on the main stage the UK has EVER witnessed. Over 70 METAL bands across 3 stages including many UK EXCLUSIVES, the weekend promises to be the ONLY metal event of 2009 you absolutely must not miss!

Full Weekend with camping tickets and day tickets are still available as are a very limited amount of VIP tickets - so what are you waiting for!

Tickets are priced at:

£ 95.00 Full Weekend
£ 45.00 Day Ticket

GO TO- www.bloodstock.uk.com

LINE UP SO FAR:
MAIN STAGE
EUROPE, CARCASS, ARCH ENEMY, BLIND GUARDIAN, CRADLE OF FILTH, SATYRICON, APOCALYPTICA, AMON AMARTH, SAXON, KREATOR, SODOM, MOONSPELL, KATATONIA, ENLSAVED, TURISAS, MUNICIPAL WASTE, CANDLEMASS, ANATHEMA, DIE APOKALYTISCHEN REITER, ENTOMBED, EQUILIBRIUM, INSOMNIUM, THE HAUNTED, GIRLSCHOOL, WOLF, SABATON, BLITZKRIEG, BATTLELORE, MILLION DOLLAR RELOAD, BEHOLDER, UNCLE ROTTER

SOPHIE LANCASTER STAGE
PYTHIA, CELESTY, EDENS CURSE, ARTHEMIS, THE ROTTED, TRIBE, GODSIZED, AGBOTT, ANTERIOR, XERATH, MALEFICE, DARKNESS DYNAMITE,

BLOODSTOCK UNSIGNED STAGE
VENTFLOW, BISON HAMMER, BLOODSHOT DAWN, LEFT TO BLEED, DIVINE CHAOS, SNAKEBITE, ALTERNATIVE CARPARK, BLUINDFOLD ASIDE, GODS OF HELLFIRE, GREEN RIVER PROJECT, VALLENBROSA, THEY WILL RISE, NEFARIOUS, SWITCHBLADE SCREAM, NIYAH SKY, INTERNAL CONFLICT, SANCTORUM, INNER EDEN, OMT, SOLSIKK, SEVERED HEAVEN, RANDOM CONFLICT, EIBON LA FURIES, AGONYST, ANNWN, TRIAXIS, PRIMITUVE GRAVEN IMAGE, SOWER, BIOMORTAL, NIGHTMARE WORLD, INTO THE WOODS, NYA
Date: 14th, 15th, 16th August 2009-01-26

SO WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR ?? BUY YOUR TICKETS NOW GO TO www.bloodstock.uk.com

Bloodstock is officially sponsored by Metal Hammer Magazine www.metalhammer.co.uk

www.metalhammer.co.uk and Scuzz TV www.scuzz.tv www.scuzz.tv

WOW!

I have to say that I was absolutely blown away by Turisas yesterday, I have seen them a number of times, and I don't know whether it was just the beer, but yesterday I had the same awesome feeling as I did when I first discovered them, coincidentally at Bloodstock three years earlier.

The only thing that disapointed me was the same thing that I got pissed off about at Wacken. They were given a RIDICULOUSLY short set, 45 minutes, (40 at Wacken I think).

The confetti was a nice touch mind!

Now, to stop this post being a new thread simply about my fanboyishness, Something that Mathias said caught my ear. He pointed at his and Olli's clothes and said they were finally getting rid of "all this shit". By that I take it that this is the end for the signature Turisas "Furs and Facepaint".

Is this so, is this idle speculation, if it is so, what would the reasons be. Do they think that no matter how increadably awesome their music is, they can't get taken seriously in them? or are they just fed up of wearing hot fur under hot lights on hot days while running, jumping, singing and playing like there's no tomorrow?

Personally I think that good costume etc make part of a good show/feel for a band. I'm not a big fan of black metal, but I'm slightly sad to see the decline in popularity of the corpse paint and the spikes. It more easily takes it from the realm of 6 musicians playing fantastic music to a fully immersive 'show'.

Forgive me if I sound like a prick... what do you think?

Perhaps its more down to the fact they've been wearing (roughly) the same stage clothes for two years and they must reek :zombie: Plus getting carpets cleaned is expensive :D
A lot of bands at BOA had sets that fell too short but its a festival show, if you want a longer set, go to a headliner gig!

Far too many teddy bears were massacred for BOA, I hope you guys are proud of yourselves, imagine all those distressed younger siblings :p

But all in all, I agree it was an awesome show and festival (however I now look like this:Shedevil:)

Gig thread maybe mod?

I thought about the gig forum but decided that it was kinda the costume thing I wanted to go for as the main subject. Do they mean this particular set of clothes or will they be up in jeans and a plain black T-shirt from now on?

Blind Guardian blew me away, but for the first few seconds when Kursch came on stage in a knackered old polo shirt and looked like he hadn't shaved for a few days, I felt kind of let down. Fortunately they played so well it didn't take me long to not care. Presentation counts for a certian amount in most jobs... when 5000 odd people are staring at you it helps to make an effort.

Additionally with regards to going to headliner gigs, The problem is, now Turisas won't be doing one for quite a while, and 2 many bands, will have 1 or maybe two uk dates, and they're usually in bloody London.

Turisas rawked and my friend managed to get one of those commerative shot glasses X(

If only Netta had been standing a few steps to the right :(

After what they said, i was more under the impression the clothes were going, but the makeup would be staying. Personally, without the makeup and clothes, i feel Turisas would still blow most other bands away, but maybe if they were going for stuff more like they had in the Battle Metal album booklet pictures, and then maybe just some small amount of warpaint could work well. Was nice to see them ending with Miklagard Overture tho.

Lets hope they not end up wearing leather and lace clothes :lol:

sorry XD

but I just join the guess of new outfits since those atm seem to be soon falling apart in my opinion XD

Give how excited they got about the longship on the disabled platform (which was operated by the lovely Tom, whose mate still owes me a pint and some facepaint :p), I don't think the dressing-up thing will be going anywhere soon, although I suspect they'll be glad to see the back of those particular costumes :lol:

Seriously...Olli and Mathias were complaining about the stench of those outfits back on the Finnish Summer DVD. Which was two years ago. How bad must they smell by now? :puke:

On another note, I had a pretty good Bloodstock all things considered. Spent too much money on getting random bits of clothing printed with downright strange slogans, got to wind Olli up in person after he decided he wanted to wear my hoodie, drank a fair bit of Hobgoblin, made a few friends, apparently managed to freak Hanu out (that and the hoodie are a suprisingly long story), became an Official Violinist on a Fucking Mission, spent most of Sunday complaining about condensation in my helmet, and lots of other things besides.

I'm now on my second day of collapsing in a heap to recover :Spin:

Might be the wrong place but seems appropriate. Unfortunatly i didnt get as many pics as i wanted too, but then again, i was too into the set to remmember most of the time, so that said, these are my only decent pics. I have 2 more but there blurred, and one is off a flailing arm that got in the way so.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

Chocholate is good. Cookies are bad.