Official Off Topic Thread

Kenneth R. said:
girlfriend buying you a videogame = awesome
Yeah that's very cool, but she bought it for herself and lending it to me soon. Even cooler: My birthday is coming up and she's buying me either a big book of Edgar Allan Poe stories or The Odyssey. Screw beanie babies.

Kenneth R. said:
girlfriend buying you a videogame = awesome

Its not that uncommon, when I was with my boyfriend I bought him the platinum Neverwinter Nights with expansion packs set. And you have no idea how hard it is to buy something like that for the kind of guy who has everything, or if he doesnt have it, buys it the second it hits the stores. I had to lie to him and tell him it wasnt coming out yet at that time, then quickly get it and give it to him before he saw it for himself :lol:

SilentRealm said:
Its not that uncommon, when I was with my boyfriend I bought him the platinum Neverwinter Nights with expansion packs set. And you have no idea how hard it is to buy something like that for the kind of guy who has everything, or if he doesnt have it, buys it the second it hits the stores. I had to lie to him and tell him it wasnt coming out yet at that time, then quickly get it and give it to him before he saw it for himself :lol:
It's one thing for a girlfriend to buy a videogame for a boyfriend, but it's a completely different thing for a girlfriend to buy the right game for her boyfriend. Even if both are huge videogame people, it's still on a completely different level.

SilentRealm said:

Nice.

Move to Chicago, BTW, thx. :lol:

I went from a high school with girls who listened to Rap/R&B to a college where everyone listens to stuff like Fall Out Boy and Yellowcard, which is more :yuk: in my opinion, so one could say I've been on both sides of the spectrum. However, musical preferences are such a minor detail when you take all other aspects of someone's personality into consideration. It's actually helped broaden my musical horizons. I'm not going to not be friends with someone because of the music they listen to, and it wouldn't keep me from liking somone or trying to get to know them either.

Beelzebub said:
I went from a high school with girls who listened to Rap/R&B to a college where everyone listens to stuff like Fall Out Boy and Yellowcard, which is more :yuk: in my opinion, so one could say I've been on both sides of the spectrum. However, musical preferences are such a minor detail when you take all other aspects of someone's personality into consideration. It's actually helped broaden my musical horizons. I'm not going to not be friends with someone because of the music they listen to, and it wouldn't keep me from liking somone or trying to get to know them either.
I usually only make new friends with people I can relate to musically nowadays.

MrFast said:
I usually only make new friends with people I can relate to musically nowadays.

I try to do that, but so few people share my intrests that I have to lower my expectations.

suprisingly, my dad has the closest intrests with me. Besides my band, who I force my intrests and opinion on.