Official Off Topic Thread

MrFast said:
I just realised something today... I was thinking of old comic book characters and then thought of Superman, which made me think of the familiar line "It's a bird! It's a plane! No it's Superman!"

This is a ridiculous thing to say. Since they only figure out it's Superman after they realise it's not a bird or a plane, that means they scream It's a bird! or It's a plane! excitedly every time they see a bird or a plane. It just so happened to be Superman that time. It would be like walking along the street and screaming It's a bird!!!! every time you see a bird. Whoever thought up that line is a fucking moron.

:lol::lol::lol:

Man, that is some funny shit!

Usually, when I post lol smilies I'm not literally laughing, but this made me bust up. Damn, I'm still laughing.

Thanks for the giggles. :)

Ok, want another stupid one?
In Empire Strikes Back, when Luke and Vader are squaring off. Darth backs luke up and he falls into the freezing chamber and says "All to easy".

Then Luke jumps out and grabs a hold of those hoses.
Vader says "Impressive".
Then he takes a half-hearted swing at him and Luke climbs partially up the hose.
Then Vader says "Most Impressive".

Are you freakin kidding me, he didn't do anything! How is that most impressive?!

I can see Vader watching the olympics.
The guy who finishes 1st in the 5K, when he crosses the line, there's Vader.

"Impressive".

Then the runner throws his arms up in the air and shouts "Yeah!"

And Vader goes, "Most Impressive".

Not as good as the superman one, but something that's always annoyed me anyway. :loco:

What comes to finding a job corresponding the education, restoration carpentry in this case, it is going to be a struggle, indeed. I'm not going to start my own business, not just yet.

Thanks everyone. :) I applied today to a university of applied sciences (or polytechnic alternatively) to continue my restoration studies. Four long years if they accept me in.

Nocturnal Rites - The Sacred Talisman album has a really cool atmosphere. Ok, musically not very original or superb, but i can't stop loving this album :p

I graduated from high school in 2002 and this was a vocational school I now graduated from, a unit of craft & arts. :)

Well, I first thought I could retire after the primary school, a great idea mentioned in a strip of Calvin & Hobbes. :D