Official Off Topic Thread

Nemesis_lxix said:
And what about stupid sadistic teachers ? I am sure you don’t have any there but here the are free to do as they please!There are people that I know of ,who are this close to graduating and don’t since they have failed to pass one lousy class just because the teacher doesn’t like them or makes it so hard to pass !You may just think I am overreacting but how do you explain what happened to me last semester when more than 350 ppl took the class and no more that 10 of them passed ?

Add to that the fact that many of these teachers who might disagree on a political/ideological level with some of their students (political activity is generally high in Greek universities) will make sure those students fail in their class regardless of their adequacy.

SilentRealm said:
the idea of 'freedom' is not to steal the rights of other people.. no one thinks about the rights of the children (and animals for that matter) to not be sexually abused. The idea of laws of pedophilia etc is to protect those who can't protect themselves and therefore shouldn't even be considered to change.

The thing about freedom is this: "Your freedom ends where my nose begins." And since a child can't stand up to an adult and enforce that boundary, that's why the law has to do it.

Freedom is only a right until the point where it harms another person. And that's what the Netherlands is forgetting with this stupid law!

Do you really expect me to talk?

No Mr. Bond, I expect you to escape in some crazy flashy special agent way. I know this because I've only tried this like, what, 50 times and have had thousands of parodys about it in every show imaginable.

PoisonSeed said:
Add to that the fact that many of these teachers who might disagree on a political/ideological level with some of their students (political activity is generally high in Greek universities) will make sure those students fail in their class regardless of their adequacy.
There are stories of a former teacher of ours who was accused of doing that but I pass his class since I am not a member of any party.
How do you know that ? Plz tell me you are Greek or that a Greek friend told you and not that the status of unis here is so notorious that people from around the world know about it :cry:

You can say that again...

BTW. Something cool happened today. I sold my Boss GT3 pedal to some guy on the interwebthigywhatever and he sent the money to my bankaccount without even trying the pedalboard! I mean, there are a lot of people who scam, but this guy trusted me completely and told me that he bought the thing in good faith. Luckily he found one of the most honest (maybe even too honest) person in the world (well aren't i good :p)... I'm a bit naive maybe but i could never trust someone on the internet when buying (relatively) expensive stuff. Guess there are some good people left in the world *COUGH*like me :p*COUGH*

Oguz286 said:
You can say that again...

BTW. Something cool happened today. I sold my Boss GT3 pedal to some guy on the interwebthigywhatever and he sent the money to my bankaccount without even trying the pedalboard! I mean, there are a lot of people who scam, but this guy trusted me completely and told me that he bought the thing in good faith. Luckily he found one of the most honest (maybe even too honest) person in the world (well aren't i good :p)... I'm a bit naive maybe but i could never trust someone on the internet when buying (relatively) expensive stuff. Guess there are some good people left in the world *COUGH*like me :p*COUGH*

Yeah, and like me :lol:

turke said:
Yeah, and like me :lol:

Haha and the funny thing is one of the most honest people you'll find are turkish and of the most non-honest people are also turkish (at least thats my experience here in Holland).

W00t dude, 600 posts, congrats :p

yeah, i was walking down the street with my parents and this guy in a brown coat tried to mug my dad. (this was like 6 years ago).

really like one bad bad experience.

My band's playing a show tonight. Anyone wanna go? I still have 6 tickets left that I need to sell.

Well, the rest of my band actually lives in New York, on Long Island to be more specific. So we play shows in their neighborhood.

Myspace is mostly for trendy, ignorant, and foolish people. The funniest part is all of the (cam)whores you can find on there. If you ask me, this world would be better if we didn't have Myspace.

Hell, I have a Myspace music account, but only because I need to put my music on the internet somehow. Once I make a website, it's coming off immediately.