Official Off Topic Thread

I played bass 4 years before guitar... I've only been playing guitar for about 1 1/2 years, but I can already do the first solo to Erotomania by Dream Theater, and a few difficult songs by Megadeth. Normally I hate covering other band's songs, but they give me plenty of ideas to mess around with.

Tubbs Mcgee said:
I played bass 4 years before guitar... I've only been playing guitar for about 1 1/2 years, but I can already do the first solo to Erotomania by Dream Theater, and a few difficult songs by Megadeth. Normally I hate covering other band's songs, but they give me plenty of ideas to mess around with.

Well, i also played bass for 4 years, but i never took is seriously, i played it in rehearsals, or during performances only. So i didn't develop very good.

turke said:
Well, i also played bass for 4 years, but i never took is seriously, i played it in rehearsals, or during performances only. So i didn't develop very good.
What a coincedence! I never played it seriously either. It did however let me be able to learn guitar significantly faster than normal. I still play bass when I'm just messing around though, it improves different aspects of your hands that guitar doesn't.

I started taking guitar lessons for the first time in my life last week. I have been playing guitar for 5 years and I'm fairly good at it, but I'm itching to learn my scales & modes so I can write music and improvise better. I don't even care if I play fast or not, I just want to sound like a musician as opposed to a guitarist.

I've taken piano/organ lessons for nearly 13 years, but drums I taught myself, as well as bass. I had some help though, as my dad played in a band called 'where death' for years when he was younger.

MrFast said:
When it told me to type in the letters to download it I was challenged lol. I"m color blind in the letter's colors.

Man i really thought about that when i first downloaded a file from rapidshare. I said to myself "color blinds might have a hard time reading this" :)

MrFast said:
http://antonmaiden.altervista.org/ = The funniest thing I ever heard. Children of the Damned is especially funny :lol:

Yikes! I listened to "Run to the Hills" and "Aces High" and...yea.....:err:

Anywho, I'd like to do a small promo of some work of mine since this IS the off-topic thread.

http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=7844
That's my latest video for you Halo fans out there...

And for those of you who might've missed an earlier posting off this in another thread: http://youtube.com/watch?v=J3Y2lKVTvEg&search=isolation%20of%20cloud

Yea, I take this recreation of mine fairly seriously. HOWEVER, to keep things on topic, I must look towards the future. I'm thinking of doing a music video to a Symphony X song using any footage that would be compatible. There is an anime called Escaflowne that could fit either of the Accolades fairly well, or possibly "Through the Looking Glass" if necessary (it'll work better than you think). However, messing with the gold that is Escaflowne (for animation) and Symphony X (for music), I'm kinda hesitant to go through with anything because I fear that I might diminish their glory...

ABQShredHead said:
For those previously concerned, Ethan Samuel, born 7/12 at 2:17 (how cool is that). 8 lbs, 3 oz. All's well... though big sis is having a hard time sharing her parents' attentions.

Cheers, and raise a pint for the little one!

congrats man. make sure you introduce him to symphony x and dreamtheater early on, and teach to like baseball.

Hey, guess what!?

My mouse and keyboard are broken, so now I need to waste money on new ones! I'm in such a great mood today!

I really hate when this happens, especially the mouse and keyboard at the same time! :mad:

Nevermind me though, I'm just letting off steam.

ABQShredHead said:
For those previously concerned, Ethan Samuel, born 7/12 at 2:17 (how cool is that). 8 lbs, 3 oz. All's well... though big sis is having a hard time sharing her parents' attentions.

Cheers, and raise a pint for the little one!

Awww, congrats to you & the Mrs., and welcome to the world, Ethan! :D