Official Off Topic Thread

J-Dubya 777 said:
Turke - Please shrink that sig down to 500x200

Your original cast photo is 368x200 & your TNG 299x200
Total sig = 667 x 200

Thanks,
J-Dubya

p.s. FWIW, I prefer ST over SW by a light year & a parsec.....

Thanks dude!

J-Dubya

SilentRealm said:
wow I missed a political debate AND a star wars vs star trek debate in the time i was MIA.. what a good time to come back into the picture..

you're telling me! :err: A political debate on The Prog Power forum made me want to temporarily beat people with a barbedwire wrapped brick. But I have to behave...

J-Dubya

No one has to play like Romeo. Just create your own chops and style. My favorite player Mattias Eklundh plays like no one else. But he is the god among guitarists to me.

I don't want to play like Romeo. I should have rephrased myself. :loco:

Anyway, I watched to see if I could improve my speed, get some ideas on scales, arpeggios, tapping, and all of that. From that I could create my own style. (I already sort of have one, I'm trying to improve it though.)

I got really bored so on the Kamelot Forum, I changed my avaar to this:
ani083.gif

I hate pokemon stuff. Just what the hell are these kids watching nowadays ? I wish they'd watch TMNJ, He-man or alikes. God, these were what cartoons should be like :)

OK whatever, i just watched a documentary about Australia. And i learned many unneccessary stuff to blab about anywhere :) Like these :

I learned that the oldest trees in the world live there which their heritage is 100 million years old. Crazy stuff, the same trees saw dinosaurs, and we were nowhere around during that time :) I learned that Australia holds twice more types of creatures that live in Europe. That's because Australia is a "survival" continent, departed from antarctic, took a long journey to where it is today, this isolated habitat caused very different evolutional processes and there we have many different types of lifes there, struggling to carry their race to the future. Interesting.

The best true cartoons were made by Warner Brothers starting in the 1940s.
I can not believe the negative evolution in animation that is going on now.
Back then, animation was art, it wasn't meant to sell products, nor give the Ritalin fed ADD generation a mad rush. Now most of it is computer generated. Does ANYBODY work off of cells anymore????!!!!! 1940 was also the first Tom & Jerry cartoon by Hannah Barbara....who receive an honrable mention as the #2 best cartoon company ever.....
RIP - True art & creativity in Cartoons....
J-Dubya

turke said:
No one has to play like Romeo. Just create your own chops and style. My favorite player Mattias Eklundh plays like no one else. But he is the god among guitarists to me.

The thing I like most about Mattias is that he has no limits to his music. He can write a song about Doritos or Hairspray and none of his fans would think any different of him. It could be jazz, blues, metal, anything. He is much like Frank Zappa, and that is why I admire them both, for their pure musical freedom. That has to be the best life for a musician, musical freedom, no limits.

fallen2289 said:
The thing I like most about Mattias is that he has no limits to his music. He can write a song about Doritos or Hairspray and none of his fans would think any different of him. It could be jazz, blues, metal, anything. He is much like Frank Zappa, and that is why I admire them both, for their pure musical freedom. That has to be the best life for a musician, musical freedom, no limits.

Rock! I think IA rules for many of the same reasons. I'm also a huge Zappa fan, as is IA.....It's gonna be a cult!!!

J-Dubya