Official Off Topic Thread

MY EPIC TRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, so monday at 10 in the morning, me and 4 of my friends left for Montreal to see the best thing ever in existence: Iron Maiden live! It was a 12 hour drive but it was worth it.

We had rented a van with a DVD player in it so we watched a whole bunch of concert DVDs to pass the time. Anyways, our first stop was in Drummondville I think, and while most of the gang went to eat at KFC, me and 2 others went in the mall with the goal of buying the tightest pants we could find. Holy fuck it was funny shit, the chick who worked there never stopped laughing. I ended up buying a pair.

So, we arrive in Montreal at night and go to our hotel. (Ok, Legal age to do everything here in NB is 19.. It's 18 in Quebec, which is my age, needless to say I had a blast with that :D) The building directly to the right of the hotel, against all odds, was a strip club. I jumped at the opportunity, so me and a friend went in there for the first time and it was great. All my other friends were 17 so they couldn't go, which sucked. 50$ later, I exit the strip club with a smile. Unlike most places, they encourage touching in strip clubs.

The next morning, we walk to the Bell Center at noon to avoid lineups (the concert was at 7h30) so we waited for the longest time. At one point, someone was posting posters of maiden around the place so I went up to him and said "Hey can I have one of those posters?" he was like "Sure man, take them all. My stapler just broke anyways." So I just screamed FREE MAIDEN POSTERS!!!!11oneone and like, the crowd was going nuts for them hahaha. Boy, was it worth the long wait in the cold though. I was right up against the fence in the middle of the stage 3 feet from Bruce Dickinson. We had to deal with the shitty emo band Bullet for my Valentine though, but ALL of the crowd booed them, swore at them, one guy even had a sign that said "Your 5 minutes are over", the crowd chanted "Emo sucks!" most of the time.

Maiden played their new album in its entirety, and played Fear of the Dark, Iron Maiden, 2 Minutes to Midnight, The Evil that Men Do, and Hallowed be thy Name. Bruce had less of a hard time getting people to understand his french that I did lol. Right before 2 Minutes to Midnight he had asked the crowd what they should play next, then he said "Deux Minutes?.... A quand?" Fuck it was great :lol:

Anywho, I just got back home and I'm really tired but it doesn't matter. This smile will remain printed on my face for the longest time.

We should all pitch money together and make a forum for DT or any other band we could tribute. It's only like 60 bucks per year, and if me, tubbs, ptah, and mrfast gave $15 we could have a forum.

We could like 5 subforums for bands we like, and maybe one tubb's "visionarium" thing too:D

I've found the ultimate metal band :) It's Mnemic. I haven't heard such powerfull, passionate music from a metal band in a long time. And i never liked any growly vocals in a band before that one. They are really very different and original. What do you think ?

www.mnemic.com

i was curious enough to check it out and.. judging by the first song.. oh nooo.. definately not my thing.. once again turke our tastes are proven to be on opposite ends of the scale..

Montu Sekhmet said:
We should all pitch money together and make a forum for DT or any other band we could tribute. It's only like 60 bucks per year, and if me, tubbs, ptah, and mrfast gave $15 we could have a forum.

We could like 5 subforums for bands we like, and maybe one tubb's "visionarium" thing too:D
Hmm, I'll definitely be willing to do that, but I doubt my band's forum will get any traffic at all. :(

Just wait until I release an album next year. :heh:

SilentRealm said:
i was curious enough to check it out and.. judging by the first song.. oh nooo.. definately not my thing.. once again turke our tastes are proven to be on opposite ends of the scale..

Actually, like i said, i've never been a fan of such "hard" stuff, or i don't listen even one band with growling vocals, but this one is very different. They sound so passionate to me.

And i think it is all right having opposite tastes and opinions. Don't you think we complete each other :lol: :loco:

PS: One of my friends is going to Australia. I told him that Australian girls are very beautiful, well of course judging by your image on my mind :)

Well this is enough compliments for today :)

Tubbs Mcgee said:
Hmm, I'll definitely be willing to do that, but I doubt my band's forum will get any traffic at all. :(

Just wait until I release an album next year. :heh:

Well it would be a subfoum, so it would gradually increase over time.

Eternal Dragon said:
You spelt symphony wrong.

As much as I would like to take credit for that "artwork", I must admit that it is someone else's creation, and not my own. Therefore, all speeeling arrows kant b mine.

Nemesis_lxix said:
I don’t know man.
I can live with the guitars and some of the drums are rather good but the vocals…

What style exactly are they ?

Well they call themselves "future fusion metal". I don't care about the styles you know. I enjoyed the rhytms in the songs, they always change and they even have polyrhytms :) for my liking. And they sound so powerfull, even more powerfull than a power metal band :) I think that's why i like them.
But Korn, please, they are not that bad to be compared with Korn :)

I really don't understand what France government is trying to do. I think they got so bored that France must be an utopia, nothing goes wrong, so what the hell, let's mess with some other country.

turke said:
I really don't understand what France government is trying to do. I think they got so bored that France must be an utopia, nothing goes wrong, so what the hell, let's mess with some other country.
Please elaborate, I don't watch the news... Or any television at all actually.

Tubbs Mcgee said:
I suppose we could do it right now, but how are we going to pay for it?

Like I said before, we could all split the profit somehow. Whoever wants to be admin or a mod will have to split part of the price.

Montu Sekhmet said:

And an OBP subforum. :D You can't forget about a high school Prog band that never hesitates to be overexcessive with everything.:headbang::worship:lol:

I'm down, as long as I know that my $15 wouldn't be going to drugs instead of a kickass forum. :lol: